GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Is it possible to run full e85 with stock fueling on a IS20 GTI? Or would a lower mix be better?

You can fun full e85 but there isn’t much point. Running e30-e40 is going to net you about the same gains.

Oh, I'm not implying that log looks bad by any means. He's only getting knock past 3° above 6400 RPM.

Another though I had... As you found out, the tricky part of tuning up to the threshold is when you get a batch of bad gas. IMO, a daily driven tune needs to be conservative enough to be able handle that.

That said, I've been thinking of what to tune for when getting an e-tune. What do others get? Winter gas, 93, e30?

You probably wouldn’t need a winter gas tune since the AP came out and have tune tuning in both summer and winter and haven’t had any issues. E30 is a really nice bump though. If I wasn’t on stock clutch I’d be on it.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

NomadEA888

Passed Driver's Ed
Pretty clean man. Base map? Seems you were driving around a bit too, your iat is kinda warm. Based on what mine usually is I guess.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Thanks man, yeah car was sitting idle for a while before i went out for the log, that and Miami 90 degree humidity does not help at all

That's a very clean log. How much are you boosting?

EDIT: I see that this is a MAPerformance stage 1 OTS tune.

25.5 is what it shows on the COBB i thought i set it to log boost but now i see i didnt

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Thanks man, yeah car was sitting idle for a while before i went out for the log, that and Miami 90 degree humidity does not help at all

I'm in Port St Lucie Florida. I feel you. That's why I was basing the Temps off mine I figured no one could be hotter than me unless your in Florida too lol

NomadEA888

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in Port St Lucie Florida. I feel you. That's why I was basing the Temps off mine I figured no one could be hotter than me unless your in Florida too lol

I know this just gives me more determination to buy the IE intercooler come black friday

Traybs

Hey guys, I purchased an e-tune from Straitfied filled out the online form and sent some WOT logs from a couple OTS tunes I had been using on saturday 4/14. I still havent heard anything from Alex. Is it normal to wait this long to get the base map?

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys, I purchased an e-tune from Straitfied filled out the online form and sent some WOT logs from a couple OTS tunes I had been using on saturday 4/14. I still havent heard anything from Alex. Is it normal to wait this long to get the base map?

We try for a turn around of 5 business days(mon-fri) sometimes we get really, like we are now, and it can be a little longer. For you it's been 5 business days(at the end of today) so you should be getting your revisions/tune any day now.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I know this just gives me more determination to buy the IE intercooler come black friday

I installed a Unitronic IC two days ago and after completing that, I would honestly recommend looking into GTI Jake's FMIC.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion

1. Ease of install.

2. I think the vibrant IC he uses and where it’s placed is very efficient.

3. Any aftermarket IC is going to be much heavier than OEM and the plastic housing is not designed to hold that much weight.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
1. Ease of install.

2. I think the vibrant IC he uses and where it’s placed is very efficient.

3. Any aftermarket IC is going to be much heavier than OEM and the plastic housing is not designed to hold that much weight.

Thank you. I'm in the market for an IC, so your experience is much appreciated