GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strange headlight issues lighting package 16 gti help please!

Swipes_MK5

Car(s)
16 mk7, 09 GTI
Good evening all,
Unfortunately I try to solve problems myself but to no avail I am outside of my realm, I have been dealing with some rather strange issues on my mk7 gti
please see obd 11 scan codes,
IMG_8761.png

How it started:
•low beam headlight out intermittent (sometimes could bang the housing and it would come back on)
Attempted fix:
•Swap bulbs/ ballast, no fix or only temporary

How it’s going:
• bulb out no hitting housing to get bulb back on, + afs error: power steering seems to be acting wacky once light is triggered. Confirmed that without bulb on, bulb housing still can move insisting afs motor still works good , all other bulbs work normal.

other notes/thoughts:
•swapped taillights to urban joke setting (don’t know if this has relevance)

•have not swapped afs modules *

•I no longer have obd11 pro for writing code $$

•Alignment is slightly off on steering wheel

just trying not to spend extra money on hardware (new headlight/modules) or software(expensive dealer scans) that I don’t won’t fix

I am considering a new headlight assembly just need to make sure that will fix it.

thanks for reading, you have been great help in the past!

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Wiring issue? Maybe pull the cable, clean all contacts? Worth a shot. If you wind up buying a new headling, it's gonna look a lot brighter than the other one, most likely, given the age, mileage of the car, so replacing both would be a better idea, but obviously twice as expensive. Good luck!

HansZoomermanMk7

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI SE
I'm having a similar issue with my 16 GTI SE. I bought the car about a month ago, and on my way home from the dealership, the headlight started going out intermittently. I called the dealership and they ordered two new bulbs, but that did nothing, and the issue persists. The adaptive lighting still works and they do the little startup dance, so I don't know what's up.