GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Storm - My new GTI

paultwdavey

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Guys,

So, I was starting to get a little annoyed with the DPF on my Passat, plus it was up to 120k miles on it so we decided to buy a new car! We ordered this car back in March, and although that's only a 2 month wait (we were quoted 5 months), it seemed to draaaaag!

We picked this one up yesterday and it's awesome!
Here it is:

Full album here: http://s179.photobucket.com/user/paultw_davey/library/Storm

She's a 3dr Mk7 Golf GTI. 2.0T 220PS DSG in Pure White. We did about 140 miles last night to have a drive in her. Suprisingly, I got 35.5mpg coming into work this morning (28 miles, part motorway, part A roads). I'll see how many miles I get from the tank and calculate that once done though.

The drive is awesome. It's very smooth, and despite the 18inch wheels, very comfortable. The seats hug my body nicely and were comfortable after 3 hours of driving yesterday. We're limited to 4k RPM at the moment for the run-in period, but even that is pretty quick and gives off a nice 'DSG Fart' if you're accelerating hard. Can't wait to do the 600 miles for the run-in! There are loads of gadgets on it as standard. So much so that the only option (apart from the paint) that we added was the winter pack which gives us heated seats and heated washer jets!

Anyway, let me know what you think

Paul

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Love the car love the name 'Storm'... looks fantastic, the GTI really suits white! Bet you can't wait to run in those 600 miles, enjoy!

paultwdavey

Passed Driver's Ed
No I cant. But we do 60 miles a day, so should be run in next week :)

Storm is because one of our friends said it looked like a storm trooper, so the name stuck :)

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Storm is looking fine :D congrats!

paultwdavey

Passed Driver's Ed
No idea. I like it though!
We're on 565 miles now, so almost run in already!

James75

Go Kart Champion
First white 3 door I have seen, looks very smart, not sure about your music taste though :) :) :) :) :)

I like the car a lot though, I do think the three door looks nicer, especially in white.

James