GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock Tire Options

K_C

Passed Driver's Ed
Seems like local dealers have the all season tires on their GTIs. Did anyones US GTI come with the Bridgestone Potenza S001?

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
US-market GTIs come with A/S from the Puebla plant. You just could talk
to the dealer if they'd swap them for something better (eg. Michelin PSS)
or get them at a tire shop and sell the A/S on your own.

K_C

Passed Driver's Ed
Weird since true car shows it as a no cost option to get summer tires. Also, all the press cars used for review come with the summer tires.

K_C

Passed Driver's Ed
I just asked dealer if they would swap out all seasons for summers, but they said no. I want to wait for PP models anyways. Hopefully those come with summers.

Indrek909

Passed Driver's Ed
one problem with the Pirellis is after couple days of rain they turn brownish/grayish after a wash and tire shine it's back to normal

miko427

Passed Driver's Ed
one problem with the Pirellis is after couple days of rain they turn brownish/grayish after a wash and tire shine it's back to normal

I noticed this too on my Pirelli zero nero's. They just turn into an ugly brown color. It throws off the look of the car. I'm actively trying to wear these down to switch to michelin pss.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Strange they still suffer from that coloration. I noticed the same some years ago
with factory supplied Pirellis (P Zero Rosso) when I had an A3.