GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Soundaktor removal

BionicBunny86

i used vagcom to turn mine down to 80%, which is much better. although my non resonated cat back from awe will be in soon. then soundaktor will be getting unplugged immediately! cant wait to have real engine sound again!

Golpher1

Ready to race!
Helpful thread. Thank you.

i used vagcom to turn mine down to 80%, which is much better. although my non resonated cat back from awe will be in soon. then soundaktor will be getting unplugged immediately! cant wait to have real engine sound again!

With Vagcom, do you know if you can add an option in the infotainment that allows you to turn Soundaktor on/off? Ideally, I'd like to have control of it this way if possible.

Last edited:

The Phantom

Can i ask (new to forum and awaiting delivery of GTD).

Does the soundaktor come as standard (MY16 build) or is this an option that would have needed to have been purchased at time of order.

I'm struggling to see the point in it :)

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
Hello all
The Soundaktor is a standard piece.
You can reduce the volume through VCDS or by removing it as the title suggests.
You can't add the option to adjust the volume to the infotainment screen. Gopher, there's a YouTube video where someone made an "on/off" switch. Lots of work but looked cool.

Mines been unplugged for a few months. That currently works for me but when I get the time I'd like to remove altogether.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I believe the soundaktor is part of the Sport and Sound pack so it's and option.
Not so - its standard. The speaker in the exhaust system comes as part of that option.

Last edited:

8250rpm

Passed Driver's Ed
Can i ask (new to forum and awaiting delivery of GTD).

Does the soundaktor come as standard (MY16 build) or is this an option that would have needed to have been purchased at time of order.

I'm struggling to see the point in it :)

You can reduce the level by going into car setup and making it individual. I have all settings on sport except air con and soundaktor which are on eco.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I had a buddy of mine turn the volume down to zero and couldn't be happier! I can actually hear the intake and the turbo whistle now!