GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So who has a valvetronic exhaust? Share your experience

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
Getting kinda bored with my current VWR tbe setup. Looking at FI, IPE, armytrix, and akraprovic valvetronic exhausts. Not much on them on the forums, understandably, as no one in the right mind would pay $3K+ for an exhaust for a golf. But I am crazy, so.

Anyway, all jokes aside. Any experience with these exhausts please post em up! Thanks!

7MAT

Getting kinda bored with my current VWR tbe setup. Looking at FI, IPE, armytrix, and akraprovic valvetronic exhausts. Not much on them on the forums, understandably, as no one in the right mind would pay $3K+ for an exhaust for a golf. But I am crazy, so.

Anyway, all jokes aside. Any experience with these exhausts please post em up! Thanks!

Hi,

I have also been looking at these exhaust systems and have found no less than eleven different manufacturers world-wide that make a 'valved exhaust' systems for the mk7 GTI. Some of these are switchable by remote and other are boost actuated.

At the same time I also can't find any actual customer reviews which is rather worrying. Loads of manufacturers videos on YouTube though.

As these systems are so expensive with most of them being north of $3K, I've started looking at adding a cutout valve myself.

There's an interesting post on cutout valves units here http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19217

Matt

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
Cool. Not really looking at doing a custom setup tho. Looks like I'll have to be somewhat of a guinea pig again for one of these systems.

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
bump. I guess I'll post some pictures to liven up this amazing thread

jerodbroten

Ready to race!
That's sexy!

7MAT

7MAT

Cool. Not really looking at doing a custom setup tho. Looks like I'll have to be somewhat of a guinea pig again for one of these systems.

If you do pull the trigger and buy a complete system, please post up a review as I for one would be extremely interested to hear your thoughts. :D

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Then I'd suggest selling it and having one built from scratch with a Vibrant 17950 resonator and a straight through muffler to one tip, and valved muffler-less tip on the other side.

Or do the bypass further up, but dual tips won't matter if it's all 3" so no issue running just one with the valve closed. A good fabricator would charge 1/3 to 1/2 the price of the systems you listed

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
Then I'd suggest selling it and having one built from scratch with a Vibrant 17950 resonator and a straight through muffler to one tip, and valved muffler-less tip on the other side.

Or do the bypass further up, but dual tips won't matter if it's all 3" so no issue running just one with the valve closed. A good fabricator would charge 1/3 to 1/2 the price of the systems you listed

Yeah like I said not really trying to go custom route. I have a guy who could definitely fab up a nice one for me. I'm trying to get one of the brands I listed. I'm likely leaning towards Armytrix since I was quoted a pretty good price for the turboback. Whatever I end up with will def post videos/review