GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show us your MK7

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Did they ever fix tapatalk hosting so you could delete pics that you don't want to remain public domain forever? That was my only gripe. Once you post through tapatalk, that pic will always be there. And I know you can edit your post(s), but you can't edit those where others quoted your url. So just be careful what you post using tapatalk. ;)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

CA-GTI

Passed Driver's Ed

CA-GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
They quote a 15% increase in stiffness and I would say that is accurate. I drive my friends a lot and they did not notice any degredation in ride quality but I can notice the extra stiffness. I cant tell if they gave extra grip because I got wheels and tires very soon after the springs were installed. Overall im fairly happy with them. Biggest issue was the instalation. The front right spring was impossible to install based off of the DAP video i used for instruction. I ended up having to drive on 3 lowered springs for a week before i got the 4th profesionallt installed. Other than that there is some squeaking from the front left side that has slowly gotten better with time but I'm going to retighten everything and see if that helps further. Sorry if that was too much detail, hope it helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

vwgtidude

Ready to race!
They quote a 15% increase in stiffness and I would say that is accurate. I drive my friends a lot and they did not notice any degredation in ride quality but I can notice the extra stiffness. I cant tell if they gave extra grip because I got wheels and tires very soon after the springs were installed. Overall im fairly happy with them. Biggest issue was the instalation. The front right spring was impossible to install based off of the DAP video i used for instruction. I ended up having to drive on 3 lowered springs for a week before i got the 4th profesionallt installed. Other than that there is some squeaking from the front left side that has slowly gotten better with time but I'm going to retighten everything and see if that helps further. Sorry if that was too much detail, hope it helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thank you for information. I read the whole paragraph and its very informative. I'm planning to change my stock to VWR soon and I was curious if I should stay with the stock or have them swap to VWR. Was the handling better? Any scraps on the front lip due to bumps and/or potholes? I don't want to regret the change because it will be a waste of money and time, plus i don't like to alter too much things on my GTI.

Also a wheel alignment is needed after a few miles for the Springs to settle in, I believe.

CA-GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for information. I read the whole paragraph and its very informative. I'm planning to change my stock to VWR soon and I was curious if I should stay with the stock or have them swap to VWR. Was the handling better? Any scraps on the front lip due to bumps and/or potholes? I don't want to regret the change because it will be a waste of money and time, plus i don't like to alter too much things on my GTI.

Also a wheel alignment is needed after a few miles for the Springs to settle in, I believe.

I never got to do hard driving with just the springs so I don't know how they affect handling by themselves, but when paired with pilot super sports the handling is incredible. I'd highly recommend puchasing them. They look great and if you are good with your hands you can probably install 3 of the springs and have a shop install the fourth for not a whole lot of money. Scraping has not become a serious issue, it only scales on the very steepest driveways and going in at a slight angle removes a lot of risk. I'd recommend checking out the spring threads in the suspension section of this site for more info.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
<3 DRLs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Did they ever fix tapatalk hosting so you could delete pics that you don't want to remain public domain forever? That was my only gripe. Once you post through tapatalk, that pic will always be there. And I know you can edit your post(s), but you can't edit those where others quoted your url. So just be careful what you post using tapatalk. ;)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I posted 3 pictures, then deleted some of the coding by mistake.
After posting, I went back and deleted all 3 pics and reposted.
So for me it deleted posted pics.

Kytn

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and I've had my MK7 GTI since September of last year. It's also my first car!

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and I've had my MK7 GTI since September of last year. It's also my first car!

That's one bad ass first car, mine was a 1974 volvo would have killed for a new car but then again I burnt it to the ground so there's that. ?

sent using Pide Piper middle out compression app