GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Short Throw Weighted Shift Knob - Boomba Racing

sawthetha

Passed Driver's Ed
^^ That sure is a good looking GTI ;)

I got the knob today, and it is paired with the short throw adapter that Boomba sells as well. The combo makes for a fantastic shifting experience! The throws are always positive and just thunk into gear. The height is fantastic, and it looks absolutely great in the car! My hand naturally goes to the shifter; I just have to be careful to not rest my hand on there all the time because it just feels that good! I also love that it doesn't bunch up the shifter leather either. The knob itself feels metal-like (I didn't know what delrin felt like before), but since it is delrin it should be comfortable through all four seasons. Initial impressions are very, very good! I would recommend it to anybody! My GTI feels like a snickety little race car now :)

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

I got the knob today, and it is paired with the short throw adapter that Boomba sells as well. The combo makes for a fantastic shifting experience! The throws are always positive and just thunk into gear. The height is fantastic, and it looks absolutely great in the car! My hand naturally goes to the shifter; I just have to be careful to not rest my hand on there all the time because it just feels that good! I also love that it doesn't bunch up the shifter leather either. The knob itself feels metal-like (I didn't know what delrin felt like before), but since it is delrin it should be comfortable through all four seasons. Initial impressions are very, very good! I would recommend it to anybody! My GTI feels like a snickety little race car now :)

Thank you for the awesome review!

Enjoy the knob!

Here is the installation guide: http://www.boombaracing.com/content/GTI SHIFT KNOB MANUAL.pdf

Hexxum001

Ready to race!

So you are saying that your knob feels good in your hand? ;)

Sorry couldn't resist. lol :D I'll probably be ordering this soon. Boomba makes some quality parts.

DadsGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Just installed mine and took a drive,I have to say between the boomba short shifter and knob it's the best bang for your buck. I was looking at "other" knobs that where 160+ I got both of these for that price. They pair well together and the knob feels just right. Good job guys keep the products coming!

Attachments

• 2016-11-18 15.58.23.jpg
    2016-11-18 15.58.23.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 3,365
  • 20161118_151224.jpg
    20161118_151224.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2,934

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Just installed mine and took a drive,I have to say between the boomba short shifter and knob it's the best bang for your buck. I was looking at "other" knobs that where 160+ I got both of these for that price. They pair well together and the knob feels just right. Good job guys keep the products coming!

SouthbayMK7

Ready to race!
Just as a suggestion I would love to see you guys make a second version of this knob with the only difference being some dimples on it to match the OEM GTI shift knob.

Idk how easy it is to work with derlin so idk if this is possible but I would defiantly buy one if I could keep a golf ball looking knob :)

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Just as a suggestion I would love to see you guys make a second version of this knob with the only difference being some dimples on it to match the OEM GTI shift knob.

Idk how easy it is to work with derlin so idk if this is possible but I would defiantly buy one if I could keep a golf ball looking knob :)

I'll forward this along to our engineers.