GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Santiago Powder Coated

pd150

Passed Driver's Ed
I was thinking how would Santiago Wheels look powder coated.

I've always been a very OEM+ sort of guy. But I've always found after 5 years with a ball burnished or Diamond cut finishes i get a bit fed up of battling the white worm. I don't do winter wheels and sealants will only protect so much. Once the stone chips set in you have to lacquer patch repair fast!

So far so good with the Santiago's but i had a nightmare with the BBS RC's so got them powder coated in Aerocoat Max.

So i saw these online. I don't like black wheels one bit but i think the Santiago's may look good with a aerocoat/shadow chrome finish. Maybe in 5 years time if i keep the MK7 that long.

Pictures for reference as i seen a few people want to see these wheels in gloss black.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 4,217
  • s-l16002.jpg
    s-l16002.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 4,543

pd150

Passed Driver's Ed
I speak too soon someone has already done a smoke chrome on the golfgti forum. I would link but don't want to break any rules. Still prefer diamond cut but good option in future. I never refurb diamond cuts more than once, they start to look odd and not very sharp after 1 cut.

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
Have you got a photo of these mounted please dude? Really considering myself

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Have you got a photo of these mounted please dude? Really considering myself

Not black finish I know! But I had silver powder coated Santiago’s on my mk6 and they looked great, and also looked bigger than the diamond cut finish, also had the same set on my mk7 over the winter last year but don’t think I have any pictures,

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
Not black finish I know! But I had silver powder coated Santiago’s on my mk6

Thanks for the quick reply dude, they look pretty good in silver. I found the smoked chrome that the original poster mentioned but I wasn’t a fan. Really interested in what they would look like in gloss black, would save me buying new alloys ?