GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sandman GTI MK7 PP DCC Lighting Pkg - The Journey begins!

triharderken

Ready to race!
Mk. VI had a 3-piece aluminium subframe and was well known for 'shifting issues'.
Mk. VII has a steel subframe and is not known for any issues.
So why waste money on brass bushings and waste time for removing the subframe
when you don't need them?
I would love to understand it, but no one yet has been able to explain any physical
/technical reasons for that measure. The 'centering' is no arguement, since my/our
subframes actually are 'centered' from factory.

Because profit, ~1% improvement, peace of mind, pride, and/or snake oil? I'm with you, though.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
In 4updates

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
USP Hatch Spoiler

New Hatch Spoiler.
Take a look on USP site for more picks.

Nice cost and look.

USP Hatch Spoiler.jpg

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Last DeautoKey bulbs installed.

Finally picked up the LED bulbs for rear OE brake lights 2015.
I wanted quick lighting so they matched the other bulbs I have from deautokey. The install is not quick and easy but not overly hard. I appreciate the DIY videos on the forum as it helped confirm how I felt it had to be completed. The outer housings need to be removed but not an impossible task. They for sure will never fall out driving.

The LED bulbs use a red light so used in the red housing the light is a richer red and they fill the lens well. My picture shows glare but this is camera issue as in person no glare.

Short video. This has been done a lot on forum so just sharing.

Other Deautokey parts I have:

Brakes
License
Reverse
Footwell
Front turn signals.
Hatch
Glovebox.

https://youtu.be/p2Fw0WIlLUA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Today I worked on getting my summer tires and OZ Leggera wheels back on. When I make the change I also clean the wheels wells. After two years the disc hubs needed some help. Taped off and painted also. The paint dried well and looks OE. Sprays too hard so easy to get runs. But let it dry some and you can smooth out. Forgiving paint.

Will get some pics with wheels on. Ran out of time today.
Also picked up two flat top Jack stands. Easier and less chance of damage. Stronger than they look on line. 6,000lb capacity each. They are the low profile performance model. 10.75" at low setting. Max is 17".
I think Esco. Will verify later.

Last edited:

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Today I worked on getting my summer tires and OZ Leggera wheels back on. When I make the change I also clean the wheels wells. After two years the disc hubs needed some help. Taped off and painted also. The paint dried well and looks OE. Sprays too hard so easy to get runs. But let it dry some and you can smooth out. Forgiving paint.

Will get some pics with wheels on. Ran out of time today.
Also picked up two flat top Jack stands. Easier and less chance of damage. Strong than they looks on like. 6,000lb capacity each. They are the low profile performance model. 10.75" at low setting. Max is 17".
I think Esco. Will verify later.

Nice work!!! I can't wait to put the summer wheels on but they still have all seasons I need to kill lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Looks nice man. Reminds me that my rotors are looking dirty af rn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
For reference I watched a few vid's before painting. Thought the guy in this first one was smart. A good way to get even coverage.

https://youtu.be/eSgKYaXPKgQ

I thought this was interesting.
A simple option. Not sure how much it helps but if one wants the look an easy option and lower risk to disc than thru drilling

https://youtu.be/Z0yl9Grl04E