GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S Trim Backseat Mismatch

K_C

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking at a purchasing a car, S Trim, but the bottom part of the backseat is leather instead of Tartan. Has anyone seen this before? You'd think the dealer would have got break on price from VW too, right?

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
I'm almost positive that's how all of them are. The leather looks super nice imo

K_C

Passed Driver's Ed
Here is a pic at how I thought they were supposed to look. The one I saw had no Tartan on the bottom part of seat. Seems like it must have been a mistake at the factory. uploadfromtaptalk1460306489376.jpg

Last edited:

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
I'm looking at a purchasing a car, S Trim, but the bottom part of the backseat is leather instead of Tartan. Has anyone seen this before? You'd think the dealer would have got break on price from VW too, right?

Good luck with that. That ain't cheaper that's a custom job! May just want to take it if you like it and move on if you don't.
I'm not sure where you're from but here in California dealer would totally go with "that's a custom feature". Or shit.... "One of a kind" let's tack on 10K. And someone would pay it!
Jimmy

Swoope

Ready to race!
there have been several posts with mismatched interiors from the mexico plant.. none lately though.

beers

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
there have been several posts with mismatched interiors from the mexico plant.. none lately though.

beers

This.

I have heard first-hand experiences from several of my (VW Tech) friends saying how a MK7 from Mexico has come in with partial cloth, partial leather, two mismatched front seats etc etc..

I can just hear Jose now - 'Mmmm, looks gooooood enough too meeeeeee'.

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie

This is a VW warranty issue and your dealer should have had this sorted and identified during the PDI, prior to even offering for sale. From what I am understanding, they are trying to pass the buck on to you, the consumer? If so, tell this dealer EXACTLY where they can stick it, post the dealer name here so we can all avoid, and find a dealer who actually does their job.

edit - if this is their attitude BEFORE you actually buy a vehicle, I'd hate to see their aftersales service..

pipsyp

Ready to race!
Misbuilds happen. My Wolfsburg made 2016 GTD came with a piano black passenger vent trim instead of carbon effect and had to be changed under warranty.

Also the wiring in the rear tailgate had been installed badly (started popping out above the rear window inside) so again had to be corrected under warranty.

To be fair if I'd parted nearly £30k of my own money for it (is a company car) I'd have been a little pissed off but it's good as gold now.

\w/

Ready to race!
im sure 20+ years down the line, it'll considered a collectible lol

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I can tell you how it happens, but I can't tell you why it wasn't corrected before leaving the factory.
I learned, during a tour of the Corvette factory, that when the cars go down the assembly line they use "just in time" assembly. Meaning that the parts arrive at the factory as they are ready to be put on the particular cars. Sometimes they mis-judge quantities, or the parts are defective/damaged etc. In order to not stop the assembly line, they put any part on there so they can complete the car. Once it is off the assembly line, they put it aside for repairs before it leaves the factory. At the corvette factory I was seeing yellow corvettes coming off of the assembly line with red door handles, mis-matched removable roof panels, etc. Some even had minor body work in progress.
I have to assume that these things that were noted in the above posts are a similar scenario, but I can't figure out how it passed the final inspection, and not corrected before leaving the factory...no excuse for that!