GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RSe05 question

am215

Ready to race!
thanks, Cliff. coincidentally, a set of rse05 came up for sale in my area so I purchased them for a decent price w/ MPSS. My plan is to put them on my car to see if I like the look/ride of 17's and then decide if I want to keep them. I figure I can sell the tires to recoup about half of what I paid for the whole setup and then will go to dws06's since I am tired of changing wheels out 2x year.

if I don't think the look then I will go back to the 18" re30's I ran last year but will switch to an a/s tire.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Plz post pics of the rse05s when you get em on!

LastDragon

Ready to race!
I put on rse05 in gunmetal on my black gti with bf goodrich all season g forces (235/45/17) they look and feel great. I'm on stock suspension also. I'm staying that way. Will post pics soon.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I put on rse05 in gunmetal on my black gti with bf goodrich all season g forces (235/45/17) they look and feel great. I'm on stock suspension also. I'm staying that way. Will post pics soon.

Please do...

DeathKing

Passed Driver's Ed
Lowered cars make small wheels look better. Also black wheels make them look better as well as it's harder to see where the wheel ends and the tire starts.

Im not lowered but so true. Heaven in the ride quality department :D

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
thanks, Cliff. coincidentally, a set of rse05 came up for sale in my area so I purchased them for a decent price w/ MPSS. My plan is to put them on my car to see if I like the look/ride of 17's and then decide if I want to keep them. I figure I can sell the tires to recoup about half of what I paid for the whole setup and then will go to dws06's since I am tired of changing wheels out 2x year.

if I don't think the look then I will go back to the 18" re30's I ran last year but will switch to an a/s tire.

I change my wheels a couple of times a month, if not more often :) After a bit you develop a process (and buy a nice cordless impact wrench).

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I originally ran 235/45R17 but I am currently on 245/40R17.
What tires are you running? And any pics? I love a meaty tire, although I'll be putting these wheels on a TDI and maybe I should pretend to care about fuel economy and go with a narrow-ish tire.

Another question for anybody. I understand the power pack brakes will fit and they're 340mm. They look like they fill the wheel quite nicely. Neuspeed has their own bbk out now, 340mm also, I need to email and verify that it will fit inside the RSE05. What are the largest brake setups people are running?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
What tires are you running? And any pics? I love a meaty tire, although I'll be putting these wheels on a TDI and maybe I should pretend to care about fuel economy and go with a narrow-ish tire.

Another question for anybody. I understand the power pack brakes will fit and they're 340mm. They look like they fill the wheel quite nicely. Neuspeed has their own bbk out now, 340mm also, I need to email and verify that it will fit inside the RSE05. What are the largest brake setups people are running?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

The 245/40R17 tires are Dunlop ZII Star Specs which I like as a do it all very well and lasts forever tire. I have 11 HPDE days on the current set and I should be able to get another 3 days out of them. They are being discontinued in favor of Dunlop's ZIII model. TR has the new model for sale on their site.

My R is on stock calipers and rotors, and other than running proper pads (Ferodo DS2500 for me) I have not felt the need for more brakes. I've done 31 track days in my R so far.

Attachments

• 2017-03-04 07.40.15.jpg
    2017-03-04 07.40.15.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 1,062

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the picture, looks great. Can't really tell from the pictures but do the tires provide any wheel protection?

As for the brakes, I certainly don't need them for performance, haha. The TDI isn't what I would consider fast (it is moderately on-ramp fun though) and I don't drive it like it is. I have not, and don't expect to reach the limits of the stock brakes on this car but they are so small. I imagine it will be even more obvious with the RSE05s.

I am mostly interested in weight reduction with the these wheels and potential brakes. I suppose it's possible that any caliper weight savings from a "performance" BBK could be negated by heavier rotors in which case I might keep the stock setup.

That would save me changing the master cylinder too. I can adjust but I don't want my wife or sister needing to put the pedal in the floor to stop, especially in LA traffic.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
My contribution. 235/45, interested in trying 245/40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teemmy

Ready to race!
The 245/40R17 tires are Dunlop ZII Star Specs which I like as a do it all very well and lasts forever tire. I have 11 HPDE days on the current set and I should be able to get another 3 days out of them. They are being discontinued in favor of Dunlop's ZIII model. TR has the new model for sale on their site.

My R is on stock calipers and rotors, and other than running proper pads (Ferodo DS2500 for me) I have not felt the need for more brakes. I've done 31 track days in my R so far.

Also curious about 245/40 size. I was recommended 235 as 245 may possibly roll over more - esp on the track

nype

Drag Racing Champion
My contribution. 235/45, interested in trying 245/40

Amazing build. Very nice work, Hulk!

Digging all the red/black contrast. [emoji1303]