GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Roof spoiler

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

I can't really tell but it looks like whatever accents you added to your grille block airflow. It has been proven that license plates mounted in the usual spot on the front impede flow of air to radiator/IC. If my observation is correct, your accents would be robbing your engine of air much worse than the license plate would.

cpatel529

Ready to race!
Everyone will always have their own personality for what they like for car modifications. And you will always have those people that won't like it and will want to judge. Ha. It's just the way the car mod scene is... if you like it, dont worry about the opinions and do what makes you smile when you look at your car. However, I personally would not have gotten that spoiler. But to each is their own. Ha.

On that note, I am removing my Maxton Rear lip extension (textured) and going to test fit a caractere sport rear Spoiler. My car is tornado red and I want the spoiler to be black for contrast but still flown with the rear end of the car. Currently have matte black wheels and gloss black emblems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chingon_r

Passed Driver's Ed
Unique look =\= good look
I'm all for making your car look different from other cars, but all the money spent on these tacky add ons is a shame. What's next a glued on hood scoop?
Hating on you? Lol, I'm sure there are a few kids on here drooling over your r400 kit and revo spoiler, to me your GTI looked better stock
Don't mind me though, you do you

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
Everyone will always have their own personality for what they like for car modifications. And you will always have those people that won't like it and will want to judge. Ha. It's just the way the car mod scene is... if you like it, dont worry about the opinions and do what makes you smile when you look at your car. However, I personally would not have gotten that spoiler. But to each is their own. Ha.

On that note, I am removing my Maxton Rear lip extension (textured) and going to test fit a caractere sport rear Spoiler. My car is tornado red and I want the spoiler to be black for contrast but still flown with the rear end of the car. Currently have matte black wheels and gloss black emblems.

You'll definitely have to make a thread and post some pics. I like a few of the Caractere add ons, especially the hatch blend. Don't know what the application is and how it looks up close in person but I like their take on mods for the mk7...their wheels are sick too

cpatel529

Ready to race!
You'll definitely have to make a thread and post some pics. I like a few of the Caractere add ons, especially the hatch blend. Don't know what the application is and how it looks up close in person but I like their take on mods for the mk7...their wheels are sick too
Picked up the caractere rear Spoiler yesterday. Need to get it painted and installed but it will be 2 weeks or so until it's all complete. Ordered the hatch blend as well. Should arrive in 3 weeks. Will post pics when I get everything installed. Rear Spoiler and hatch blend will be gloss black and my car is tornado red.

EF_Heynen

Passed Driver's Ed
I have always liked their wheels. Unfortunately they weigh about 29lbs each.

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Unique look =\= good look
I'm all for making your car look different from other cars, but all the money spent on these tacky add ons is a shame. What's next a glued on hood scoop?
Hating on you? Lol, I'm sure there are a few kids on here drooling over your r400 kit and revo spoiler, to me your GTI looked better stock
Don't mind me though, you do you

I've always thought that the best looking add-ons were those which didn't look like add-ons at all; i.e. they just flowed with the original design of the car.

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
Here is the Caractere sport rear spoiler set on the car. Still needs to get painted gloss black and mounted...

Chi

Thanks for the pics, looks good! Again, you'll have to post some pics for us once you're finished. You're GTI is looking [emoji108]

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
Picked up the caractere rear Spoiler yesterday. Need to get it painted and installed but it will be 2 weeks or so until it's all complete. Ordered the hatch blend as well. Should arrive in 3 weeks. Will post pics when I get everything installed. Rear Spoiler and hatch blend will be gloss black and my car is tornado red.

Sorry didn't see that about the hatch blend...how is it installed? Trying to figure out what the piece is/how it's added to the hatch, but can't for the life of me lol

cpatel529

Ready to race!
Sorry didn't see that about the hatch blend...how is it installed? Trying to figure out what the piece is/how it's added to the hatch, but can't for the life of me lol
Just got mine yesterday. I am out of the country on travel but when I get back next week I will do a mock up before paint.

Chirag

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Just got mine yesterday. I am out of the country on travel but when I get back next week I will do a mock up before paint.

While you likely know this, the paint used on bumpers is slightly different than that used on other body panels: it contains elastomers (flex additives) to allow for the minor bending/flexing which the panels are designed to withstand. So make sure that any primer, base coat, and/or clearcoat, on the piece is mixed as you would for a bumper, else the first time some a*sh*le in a parking lot taps your rear bumper, your very cool looking "hatch blend" will show some very noticable and un-cool paint cracking from being forced to flex during the impact.