GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rocky Mountain High - high altitude cruising with some CO enthusiasts

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Sooo yeah I got in a Sunday tour with some special cars. Obviously the Gallardo got an amazing amount of attention. It was so much fun to drive with. At one point, I found myself just driving behind it and listening to the exhaust and I realized that I didn’t even have the stereo on. I had hoped to be able to get some decent turns in but there is so much traffic in CO on the weekends right now, with tourist season in full effect. The biggest takeaway is that you cannot expect to have any fun, fast drives in CO right now, unless you get it on a weekday afternoon/ evening, or early in the morning (done before 0700).

1690920404357.jpeg

1690920437418.jpeg

1690920379324.jpeg

1690920468974.jpeg

I was glad that the Golf can keep up with or even pull on the Gallardo, but we didn’t have much room for shenanigans. Nothing remarkable about the other cars, really. The m4c was faster than everyone else, no surprise there.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Kind of fun trip out to Loveland Pass the other night. I met some nice drivers and had some fun turns with my buddy in his m4c and an 800whp rs3 back down the pass. Fun to play at altitude, as always.

1694268350105.jpeg

1694268413207.jpeg

1694268314000.jpeg

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Got back from a long work trip last night a decided to get a drive in, this morning, before diving into all the chores and catching up I have to do at the house. Waited at the start of my favorite mountain road for another fun car to show (hoping for the black 997 gt3). I waited a good 15-20 mins and finally heard a loud exhaust coming up, and low and behold, it was one of my friends in his rx7!

1695497578415.jpeg

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Sweet pic!

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I was finally able to get out and drive with @MSH and another friend with some beautiful M2Cs. The road temps are getting cold, and the RS4s proved to hold well at ~36°. I didn’t lose traction until I saw temps of ~28° so yeah I’m happy with the Hankooks. So stoked to get out and get some fun turns before the snow falls.

1696692712286.jpeg

1696696226162.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: MSH

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
I was finally able to get out and drive with @MSH and another friend with some beautiful M2Cs. The road temps are getting cold, and the RS4s proved to hold well at ~36°. I didn’t lose traction until I saw temps of ~28° so yeah I’m happy with the Hankooks. So stoked to get out and get some fun turns before the snow falls.

Great rip today! We are so fortunate to have these roads right out our garage. While the high elevation does suck for ICE cars that all melts away when you are getting after it on what our backyard has to offer.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Great rip today! We are so fortunate to have these roads right out our garage. While the high elevation does suck for ICE cars that all melts away when you are getting after it on what our backyard has to offer.
Yeah driving these roads is such a pleasure. I was surprised at how much the other m2 was struggling for traction, being that you weren’t slipping and in the same tires. I thought his were fairly new as well. He was dancing all the way down, lol.