GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo or APR stage 1 experiences

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
I’ve got a 2014 Golf GTi PP, so I have the factory LSD type set up as part of the PP. I’m quite happy with the car as it is but I keep toying with the idea of a stage one map but I’m unsure at the minute.

Looking at Revo stats it looks like they can pump it up to around 300BHP purely from a map? https://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/volkswagen/golf-vii/182/stage-1

APR have similar figures as well and seem to see a lot more people going with APR. Anyway to the point... just wondering if anyone has had stage one by either of these and any experience of them?
Would you recommend?
Is there a lot more wheel hop with it being FWD?
Will it put a lot of excessive wear on the clutch and internals as 70hp from a map with no supporting mods seems like a lot?
Would you recommend any supporting mods?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulgarnett6

Ready to race!
I’ve got a 2014 Golf GTi PP, so I have the factory LSD type set up as part of the PP. I’m quite happy with the car as it is but I keep toying with the idea of a stage one map but I’m unsure at the minute.

Looking at Revo stats it looks like they can pump it up to around 300BHP purely from a map? https://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/volkswagen/golf-vii/182/stage-1

APR have similar figures as well and seem to see a lot more people going with APR. Anyway to the point... just wondering if anyone has had stage one by either of these and any experience of them?
Would you recommend?
Is there a lot more wheel hop with it being FWD?
Will it put a lot of excessive wear on the clutch and internals as 70hp from a map with no supporting mods seems like a lot?
Would you recommend any supporting mods?

Thanks in advance

A big yes to your questions
I’m revo stage 1 wheel hop was terrible so I added full revo engine mount transmission mount and lower torque mount
My clutch is still good after 10000 miles of having it done
But I suspect I may at some point need to replace it.
Engine internals should be fine.
I’m getting 323hp and 330 lbft torque

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
A big yes to your questions
I’m revo stage 1 wheel hop was terrible so I added full revo engine mount transmission mount and lower torque mount
My clutch is still good after 10000 miles of having it done
But I suspect I may at some point need to replace it.
Engine internals should be fine.
I’m getting 323hp and 330 lbft torque

Sorry I know I'm back late to the party but is it bags of fun after you've fitted the mounts or would you still not recommend it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I just got APR Stage 1 about a week ago so really can't speak too much to it but so far everything has been great.

Don't have wheel hop issues but I'm still on the stock tires so they just spin like hell through 3rd.

Making 305hp and 370tq... car is properly fast now. Only downside is that it is kinda jumpy, the boost builds super quick so sometimes you don't put that much throttle input and it just lurches forward. But i guess that's more of me getting used to the new power than it is the tune or car's fault.

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
I just got APR Stage 1 about a week ago so really can't speak too much to it but so far everything has been great.

Don't have wheel hop issues but I'm still on the stock tires so they just spin like hell through 3rd.

Making 305hp and 370tq... car is properly fast now. Only downside is that it is kinda jumpy, the boost builds super quick so sometimes you don't put that much throttle input and it just lurches forward. But i guess that's more of me getting used to the new power than it is the tune or car's fault.
Yeah man I feel you. That's when I wish I'd gone for the golf R so you could have haldex 4wd to properly put that power down.

Glad to hear that wheel hop isn't too much. Doesn't sound like your tires will last very long though haha! [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk