GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review of Ed's MK7 Headlight replicas

vrod

Ready to race!
Why would they not last long? Do you mean the drl? For every1 else, if you complain about the stripes not aligning up, it's because the grill on the xenon fitted golfs are a little different than halogen golfs. I think getting a grill forthe xenon lights would align it all up well.

Also, why not just open the lights if you want a red color match strip? It's only butyl. :)

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
I would love to get these. But almost everyone who got them from the mk6 platform regretted them.

Give it a year. And keep us updated. hopefully they last. I feel like i threw 600 bucks into the dirt with these lights on my old mk6 gti

Try not to compare apples to oranges, we have had these lights on the market for over a year now, and had ZERO complaints about them wearing out prematurely.

They have been sold from Texas to the NE, and survived the extra colder winter there to the hot summers in Texas and humid summers in Florida. :)

GoodyGTI'12

Passed Driver's Ed
I've followed Eds lights since I had a Mk6 Autobahn....only reason I didn't buy them is because I had the stock upgrade. I've never seen a massive complaint that he hasn't addressed. Worth the money. So sick. Adds more style than anything you can do to the front end if you have halogens.

nomoretickets

Ready to race!
Try not to compare apples to oranges, we have had these lights on the market for over a year now, and had ZERO complaints about them wearing out prematurely.

They have been sold from Texas to the NE, and survived the extra colder winter there to the hot summers in Texas and humid summers in Florida. :)

lol zero complaints... that sounds familiar and its too early to tell

I would be more confident in your statement if you were able to at least carry replacement parts for these lights. The biggest issue i had was lenses peeling after about 1.5 years (both sides), Water getting inside, and LEDS burning out.

IMHO def not worth the money i paid.

ReflexxMK7

Ready to race!
Everybody has posted pictures of the housings installed and the neato DRL's, I would like to see actual output shots against a wall at 25 feet with the H7 and D2H capsules installed for comparison. If i'm dropping 6 bills on aftermarket lights, I would like to see actual performance. The GTI I got a screamin deal on was missing the lighting package and I am an HIDPlanet/TRS supporter, so I appreciate actual light output, not static appearance shots. Is it possible to get these comparisons?

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
Ed, I'm having problems adjusting the headlights. I've recently installed a regular HID kit in it and the cut off its adjusted to sucks! I've fiddled with the adjustments and I can't get decent cut off lines. If I adjust the lights all the way up, there is a weird laser beam looking cutoff that shows up? If I adjust the 'laser beam' cutoff down to the floor where it's not noticeable, the hid don't show what so ever. Can you email me some instructions? Other than this problem, I've had no complaints with quality of the lights for the 8 months or so I've owned them. No peeling, no discoloration, and they still look new.

Modfyd@yahoo.com please

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
lol zero complaints... that sounds familiar and its too early to tell

I would be more confident in your statement if you were able to at least carry replacement parts for these lights. The biggest issue i had was lenses peeling after about 1.5 years (both sides), Water getting inside, and LEDS burning out.

IMHO def not worth the money i paid.
I think that if people were having problems with these you would know by now.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
I think that if people were having problems with these you would know by now.

Agreed, the Mk7 headlights I've been selling are a completely different product.

You only have to look at all the issues with condensation with the Helix/Depo lights, people are saying this is "normal". Installing silica gel packs inside brand new headlights is not normal. Our lights do not have this issue.

Just a few more photos for those interested:

amancuso

Ready to race!
How do you wire these up? is there any crimping or cutting required? Is it literally just plugging one harness into another? Any connections to the battery? How does the high/low beam work if you are using halogen H7 in these since there is only 1 bulb position for both??

ncorrell

How do you wire these up? is there any crimping or cutting required? Is it literally just plugging one harness into another? Any connections to the battery? How does the high/low beam work if you are using halogen H7 in these since there is only 1 bulb position for both??

I just installed mine last weekend along with the moramoto HID package. Just plugs into the stock harness that you unplug from the stock lights. No battery connections.

amancuso

Ready to race!
Got them and installed them last night. Great product! The high beam even with the H7 is more than adequate. Only issue I'm having is a slight gap between the fender and the headlight on the passenger side.