GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reverse cam types low/highline

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
Hi al again,

I have been given a RVC cam by a friend and he can’t remember if it’s a low or a high line cam, now I’ve done a bit of research and spoke to a few people and there is no pattern to any of the part numbers, so I dont know if they are interchangeable, I’ve already purchased the low line wiring loom and I’m not really interested in having the bendy dynamic lines the high line cam has. Does anybody know if there is a way of telling as I may need to purchase a different RVC if they are not interchangeable.
Many thanks all.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'm sure someone with a definitive answer will pop in here but I believe you can code the highline camera as low line and that's the way it will behave. Since you are interested in the moving lines you should have nothing to worry about.

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
Ok that’s good to know and I have already bought the lowline wiring loom.

so basically the dynamic side of it with the bendy lines work with the park assist and those modules and the camera is just hardware, will I be able to code a camera that came from a car with high line to my car with low line wiring loom and it’ll work?

Last edited:

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
Yeah you are correct but what I’m saying is about the cameras, I’m trying to determine if low or high line cams are the same it’s just the looms and extra modules I’m assuming?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Yeah you are correct but what I’m saying is about the cameras, I’m trying to determine if low or high line cams are the same it’s just the looms and extra modules I’m assuming?
They're electronically different.

Highline receives information over the CANBUS to determine whether to open/close.

Lowline receives a signal from the reverse light.

They're not interchangeable without the relevant loom.

Apples12

Just to revive this

I've had a lowline camera sat in the garage for about a year now, are there any guides on how to build the lowline loom or a link to just buy one?

Also, when it comes to coding, what is the best way to code? Relatively cost effective as not sure how often I'm gna need to or want to go into the cars computers
Thanks