GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replicate's AU "40 Years" Clubsport

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Also this happened.
http://i.imgur.com/mk6WgT3.jpg
Some numb nuts ran into me while I was stopped at a set of lights. Rear bar damaged, diffuser stuffed a bit. Tail gate damaged too. All fixed now after quite a bit of hassle with the repairer. Including overspray on my wheels.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Bumper replaced. Tailgate was panel beaten. Diffuser they really only needed to cut and polish as it was just scuffed. But not only did they not do that but they managed to chip paint off the bottom corners from handling it. So after some convincing they agreed to repaint it. Looks perfect now.

Last edited:

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
These arrived this week. Sitting in my office until i can afford to buy rubber! They are in great nick. Came off an S3. Still amazed i got them for such a great price.

Can't wait to see these mounted! I have a set on my R and they are fabulous!!

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Update post track-day. Attended a Supersprint meet on the weekend with the MX72 pads fitted. Also removed the dust guards. Was very happy with them. Firm bite and no fade experienced. Managed to drop my time from 1:56.7 from a few months ago to 1:54.5. So 2.2 second improvement. Only difference is pads and a slightly faster group to run with.

I think there is still another second in this setup. Just need more balls to attack the first turn (currently don't have).

Front runner in my category is still the Megane Trophy R on Cup2 tyres with a 1:53.1

Next on the agenda is Cup2 tyres on the Audi wheels and some CCS bushes. Would love to fit CCS swivels and Audi sub-frame at the same time. But I think will have to wait until later in the year when funds allow.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Update:
Audi wheels fitted with Michelin PSC2. All I can say is WOW.

Car feels fantastic. The steering wheel actually feels lighter. Also feels great on road with the softer sidewalls compared to the PZero's

Not quite sure I enjoy the look as much as the Brecia's. But still suit the car well I think.

Also weighed both sets of wheels with rubber on. Shame I didn't write them down, but it was a saving of between 2-2.5kg per wheel. Which isn't as much as I thought. I thought the Brecia would be a few kg heavier.
From memory the Audi S3 wheels with rubber were about 18kg

Had my best ever finish this round. Finished first in my Class (no modifications and 2.0 to 4.0l engine size) and in my Type (no modifications). Also broke the lap record for my class by 1.5 seconds.

Last edited:
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing. Congrats to you for breaking the lap record!

Managed to drop my time from 1:56.7 from a few months ago to 1:54.5.
Front runner in my category is still the Megane Trophy R on Cup2 tyres with a 1:53.1
This difference between your CS and the MRS TR is stunningly small, given the Trophy R
got all the goodies from more camber, stiffer suspension (Öhlins) and Cup 2 tires. :)

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Really looks nice, I love the arrow pointing to the tow hook :p

Amazing car, really unique.

Thank you for the kind words. Tow points front and rear as well as contrasting stickers indicating their location (however already obvious) are required to pass scrutineering. As well as the numbers, blue battery indicator sticker and a fire extinguisher.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing. Congrats to you for breaking the lap record!

This difference between your CS and the MRS TR is stunningly small, given the Trophy R
got all the goodies from more camber, stiffer suspension (Öhlins) and Cup 2 tires. :)

Thanks BB. Yes I agree, the cars are extremely close in performance. Especially with the weight I take out of the CS (about 68kg now including lighter wheels).
It's going to be an exciting close to the championship. He leads by only 2 points. Which means even if I bet him both rounds, we will be equal on points at the end. I'm sure there is some deciding equaliser then.