GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

REMUS exhaust Anyone?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
The sound is deeper than on the video and the fart is more of a crackle/pop. You will not regret getting it, enjoy........

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Nice purchase. We have a Remus system on one of our cars here (S3) and love it. Craftsmanship is awesome

I know Remus is actually an OEM for VW so their quality is really great.

The sound is deeper than on the video and the fart is more of a crackle/pop. You will not regret getting it, enjoy........

This is fantastic! It's exactly what I wanted. The fart sound doesn't sound too good to me, but I like a crackle/pop that is similar to my Dinan system on my BMW.

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one since there are some replies on here that could be useful.

I just ordered my resonated cat-back system from Remus yesterday. I'll have it in a week or so.

For me, the sound was just perfect. Deep tone, not too loud and gives a nice bump in sound that really compliments the car. I don't really like the blaring sound of some exhausts that I've heard.

This is what I'm getting:
955113 1500 Stainless steel sport exhaust centered for L/R system, tube Ø 70 mm
951401 HES ABS rear diffusor left/right, carbon optic
0046 83CB tail pipe set L/R consisting of 4 tail pipes Ø 84 mm Street Race, black chrome, with adjustable spherical clamp connection
955213 0000 Stainless steel connection tube for mounting on 2.0l TSI
955113 0300 Front Silencer

Here is a video of the exact exhaust I've ordered:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWu0VECbqYo

Congrats ...... well worth the $$. You will love it.:cool:

Attachments

• muff3 copy.jpg
    muff3 copy.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 2,244
  • wrap8.JPG
    wrap8.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 2,002

flip7

Ready to race!
your Remus Exhaust Looks great!

Congrats ...... well worth the $$. You will love it.:cool:

I am looking to buy the resonated axle back - as yours.
How is the in cabin noise comparing to stock? Louder , similar, pleasant, etc?

What is your long term feedback after owning it quite a bit?

For example the Soundaktor drives me crazy, so I turned my off. Sounds like someone is poking on tin can...:D

codespyder

Ready to race!
I've had my catback for 6 months now.

In the city, zero drone. Very civilized when you want it to be. Nice sonorous grumble on start up.

Gets a bit of drone above 2.5k rpm on the highway with my foot down but I'm speeding at that point anyway. Cruising normally on the highway is nice. Slightly louder but not annoyingly so.

DSG farts are loud as hell :D

City: https://youtu.be/ikAWwuK4RaU

Track: https://youtu.be/Ft1_6wpZ-y4

codespyder

Ready to race!
I have a resonated catback with a CTS downpipe. It's definitely louder than just the catback. I think catback and axleback would be similar. Perhaps axleback has a bit less drone because it has the stock resonator ahead of it that is bigger than the Remus resonator but that wouldn't cause a huge difference.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have the cat back and I think it's the perfect combination of sound without all the drama. It gives a nice rumble when you want it and pretty quiet when you don't want it to be too loud. There are no farts or loud burbles without the down pipe. If you add the down pipe, it will definitely be louder.
Cruising you know it's there, but nothing obtrusive. When you're on it, the sound just envelopes the interior.
I'm so happy with this exhaust. Wife doesn't mind it either, which is a huge plus.

flip7

Ready to race!
If you don't drink don't smoke and are married witout a GF then you need to spend money on something [emoji14]

Sent from JB1 :)

flip7

Ready to race!
Here is the sound clip for The resonated Axle back on my 2016 GTI 2.0 6MT

Youtube Link

This resonated axle back I feel is a good balance if you drive your GTI and some family members are riding with you.

It can be loud under boost and quiet enough under normal driving.

not so funny for me.... my family sleeps on a bedroom over the garage.... first morning after install -my wife told me they woke up scared in the morning when I left for work... $hit....

I love it, but I will not go any louder.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Here is the sound clip for The resonated Axle back on my 2016 GTI 2.0 6MT
Youtube Link
This resonated axle back I feel is a good balance if you drive your GTI and some family members are riding with you.
It can be loud under boost and quiet enough under normal driving.
not so funny for me.... my family sleeps on a bedroom over the garage.... first morning after install -my wife told me they woke up scared in the morning when I left for work... $hit....
I love it, but I will not go any louder.

Thanks for the clip and sorry to hear about the fam! I'm considering the dual tip axle back option as I have no idea what I would do with the massively huge stock system once removed. Not sure how I feel about having to cut the old one off but I guess it could be welded back on when I sell.

I want to try to get the same tone as the cat back option. I'm more after tone than volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: