GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear wiper also sucks

tom1

Ready to race!
I decided to make this thread to see if anyone else has been having issues with the rear wiper.

My wiper works fine for the first 3-4 swipes, but after that it always jidders and leaves a lot of water behind while making a very annoying sound.

Anyone else have this sort of issue? I also have the exact problem on my Polo and have never been able to resolve it. The only thing that will fix it for a few swipes is by using some screen wash.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Can't say I've ever had this problem. For me, the only retrograde step in the MK7, is that my rear wiper doesn't auto park when the ignition is turned off mid sweep.

I came back to it the other day to see my rear wiper in the totally vertical position on the rear window. As soon as I started the ignition, it auto parked. On my older VAG's (Scirocco & MK5 Golf), it always auto parked so don't know why they took that feature off (as well as the tear drop wipe on the front wipers).

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Whilst the rear wiper on my Golf Mk7 is OK, it's not any better than adequate. I'd like to put a premium Bosch wiper on the back, but as far as I can tell at present there isn't one as yet.

Wolksvagen

Banned
I decided to make this thread to see if anyone else has been having issues with the rear wiper.

My wiper works fine for the first 3-4 swipes, but after that it always jidders and leaves a lot of water behind while making a very annoying sound.

Anyone else have this sort of issue? I also have the exact problem on my Polo and have never been able to resolve it. The only thing that will fix it for a few swipes is by using some screen wash.

The rear wiper on my first Mk7 did this and so does the loaner mk7.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Rear wipers are never normally that great - maybe when brand new but normally go downhill rapidly!

I was pleased the teardrop wipe function was removed as I always found it one wipe too many on the Mk.6!

testcard

Ready to race!
I find that because the rear screen is generally picking up road spray rather than direct rainfall, having the wiper on continuously simply results in it scraping across a relatively dry screen. I would like to see an intermittent option - perhaps one wipe every 5 or 10 seconds.

pcr

Ready to race!
It's a very flimsy bit of kit, the metal strips holding the rubber blade in place became detached on mine so look out for a scratched rear window. Also, the contact pressure with the glass is next to none.

dickt

Ready to race!
Mine judders on 1st sweep, but is fine on the return sweep.
When there is lots of surface water being thrown up during heavy rain, it is fine. It is at its worst when just small amounts of muck come up from the road - just when you need it most!

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
My rear wiper's rubber was teared from day one. I noticed it about two weeks ago. The dealership ordered it and it's still coming from Germany... I also changed the front mount and bearings of the front suspension and the car steers like dream now. I forced them to change both and they accepted it! But even nor, they are not convinced that the old one was problematic!!! They managed somehow to break the plastic cover between the engine block and the fan. How could they do it. It's not even near the shocks! I'm very angry but they ordered one the moment they destroyed it. Oh, and they overfilled the coolant fluid reservoir. They are USELESS and CATASTROPHIC to our cars. Add to this that mine is the only GTI they sold (there are probably other 4-5 in the whole country) and they didn't even pay attention to it and be extremely careful... Que decadance...

acapvwgti

Ready to race!

op mine does this from time to time as well,same as my mk6. Pretty sure it's the same wiper. But I don't use mine constant...maybe once every few minutes if it's really raining

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
I also had my dealer over fill my coolant level.... idiots, can't trust anybody.

Did you just leave your level so high?

Of course not! I demanded they remove the excessive coolant. They did it with a syrinx. Now, after 8000km the coolant level went from 1/3 above minimum to 1/5 above minimum. It's time to add some water (the same one we use for ironing, we don't have winters with temperature below 0°C.