GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RCSummers MK7 Golf R

rcsummers

Ready to race!
Hey man. There is a local mk7 tri state meet happening tonight (Oct Thursday 27th) at Garden State Plaza in Paramus. We use the deck closest to the movie theater. Top deck. All to ourselves. 730 8pm is when ppl start showing. Then we all go down to zinburger and grab a drink or a bite. Some ppl bring their pro cameras but it's always a good time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ill keep that in mind, just a little bit of a far drive from my place.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Ill keep that in mind, just a little bit of a far drive from my place.
Yea man.

There is also a new event that popped up. Island Sports Works down in Toms river is hosting a mk7 gathering. Food drinks and they have a dyno ?
Edit 11/6/16

Libby

Passed Driver's Ed
And Installed....

with a gratuitous shot of the P3 guage, I never posted pics of.

opps, I think red one looks better on yours

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Great, improved paddle feel two-fold. Gives you a slightly larger area to hit when shifting.

Downsides, cannot shift from very top or bottom of paddle. And I wish the backside wasn't so flat, they can feel a little slippery sometimes.

I almost pulled the trigger on a set of these because it seemed like a nicely made middle ground between S2Ts and the standard eBay stick on pieces. I still might, but I'm wondering if you can expand a bit on the downsides.

Can you not shift from the top or bottom because the angle is too much for the stock paddle to click? The S2T paddles are that large or larger, so I'm wondering how much it makes a difference replacing to stock plastic paddle, if it's not 100% functional.

rcsummers

Ready to race!
2 of my many black friday purchases showed up....

ECS Hatch Pop Kit.... not much to see until install.

AWE Switch Path Remote, plan on pairing this with a S3 res delete. Hopefully it'll give me a little more sound, but nothing obnoxious.

A few more coming over the next week or whenever companies decide to ship things out.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Lol is that rly a blowpop they sent? Now THAT is service haha

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Btw we r having a meet up in Ramsey/allendale area dec 15th. I thinknu r from up north jersey if i remembered correctly

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Link? Ill look into it.
Its a forming idea on the Tristate Facebook page. A few of the vw and audi techs in the group r going to be up there at the training facility and so we are going to have our weekly meet up there most likely.

rcsummers

Ready to race!
Well, there's been some progress.....

I installed the 034 Motorsports Dog Bone mount.

Next Came the S3 Resonator Delete. It took my forever to cut the exhaust with a tailpipe cutter. But totally worth it. Adds some depth to the exhaust note, and increases noise a tiny bit as well.

stock exhaust...

resonator removed...

resonator delete in...

picked up some wheels, currently being refinished.

Next I decided to give the AWE SwitchPath Remote a shot. They said it worked for the OEM valves...and it does indeed.

Everything needed

everything tucked away...kind of...i need to make it a little neater.

Valve Activation

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s4wjpymNm4

Sound Clip.... It sounds no different to me lol.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRrzWQEXIvE

Hopefully the wheels will be done soon, and I can get my LED tails in. Other than that, I need to start looking for more to do.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
like where this thread is going!