GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Raining like a futhermucker

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
A large swath of central USA is getting hit right now. Are you in it too? Anywho this forum is much drier. Went out earlier this a.m and got caught in it. Could barely see 2 feet in front of car with wipers on "crazy" mode. Mean wicked lightning. Other drivers were freaking out, for a minute there thought I'd be posting some sht about a rear-ender or fender-bender, whew!

* and no, I'm not the "weatherman", for you wise-guys. Just sharing. And I posted it here because I fcking CAN :D

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
We don't get that kind of rain here in New England but I was driving through the mountains in West Virginia a few years back and it started to rain. Then it really started to rain.

Then it just dumped water. I couldn't see my own wipers on ludicrous mode, by that point cars were just stopped in the middle of the highway with no way to pull over, hoping the guys behind were far enough back.

It lasted a minute or so and just stopped. When it cleared up there were rivers running on both sides of the road where it had been dry a few minutes ago. One guy who had pulled over instead of just stopping was just a couple of inches from ending up in the torrent, it was nuts.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Look at it this way!
You are not have a drought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
:D True,droughts suck, looks like a green Spring & Summer for us!

We don't get that kind of rain here in New England but I was driving through the mountains in West Virginia a few years back and it started to rain. Then it really started to rain.

Then it just dumped water. I couldn't see my own wipers on ludicrous mode, by that point cars were just stopped in the middle of the highway with no way to pull over, hoping the guys behind were far enough back.

It lasted a minute or so and just stopped. When it cleared up there were rivers running on both sides of the road where it had been dry a few minutes ago. One guy who had pulled over instead of just stopping was just a couple of inches from ending up in the torrent, it was nuts.
Oh yeah, those Mountain rains can be wild! Say, I thought you New Englanders got those crazy Nor'reasters? Or maybe that's closer to the coast.
Up to 3" here for the weekend, and in the low 50s. After a week in the upper 70s.
Spring in the midwest, AH the sun just popped out!
Ahh, the Sun, the lovely Sun!!

Slapshot1

Ready to race!
Stay dry inside and go shopping on the web for goodies for your car!

It's going to be 80 deg. and sunny here in California. The weather is the ONLY thing I can say is good here anymore.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Pouring down rain here. Looks like it will be for a while. All the critters that live in the wetland across the street from me are happy. The frogs are singing, or they're calling for help, can't tell which.

I enjoy driving in the rain, but I'm looking to spend money online today. A couple of weeks ago all I found were flooded roads. It's going to be flooded in Southeast Ohio again.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Stay dry inside and go shopping on the web for goodies for your car!

It's going to be 80 deg. and sunny here in California. The weather is the ONLY thing I can say is good here anymore.

:rolleyes: I know, and days like this seem conducive to buying, but expensive! I lived in Ca in the 70s. I found it to be a tougher place to live than other places, but I have to say, it was exciting. The midwest-to-east is easier, but not as much ehh...energy, I guess. I visited LA in the 90's, it had gotten even MORE crowded, if that's possible. One problem with Ca is people like me moving there constantly! I eventually repented and moved back closer to family :) 'Course, that has it's own "merits" too :D Sorry to hear it's getting worse. We need to start a new thread on "Kahlifornia"! I'd luv to hear all the different opinions from the members who live there now.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Pouring down rain here. Looks like it will be for a while. All the critters that live in the wetland across the street from me are happy. The frogs are singing, or they're calling for help, can't tell which.

I enjoy driving in the rain, but I'm looking to spend money online today. A couple of weeks ago all I found were flooded roads. It's going to be flooded in Southeast Ohio again.

Great pix! They look familiar, as I live either in Ohio, Kentucky or Indiana. Won't say which because I like keeping the dealer-spies guessing, in case they lurk. Don't dive in to rescue the frogs! They are singing ;)

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
We will hit 90F today.

When it rains that hard, makes one wonder how it ever says up in the air.

Just think if it came down in 6' to 8' thick, 2 mile diameter blocks, like it does on some planets. That would tweak our parades, eh? :eek:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I will share my day with all of you!
Remember, it is always sunny somewhere. There is hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro