GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R bumper on a Golf?

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Does anyone know what's required to get an R bumper on a golf? I assume it's direct bolt on with no modifications as long as I get the fender skins and all the clips?

Anything I'd need to look out for?

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
The only thing I'd be concerned about is where the headlight washer connector mounts. Other than that and I'd think it would be a direct bolt on. Do you know if the plastic skid tray has the same part #'s from the Golf to the R?

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Headlight washer connector? Can't I just ignore these since my car doesn't have it any ways? Just put the on the little cover thing and call it a day?

The skid plate I tried looking up part numbers, but I can only find that the GTI/Golf/Alltrack are interchangeable The aftermarket ECS metal plate is the same across golf/gti/R so I'm guessing they are all interchangeable.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Direct bolt on, no fender skins required.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Awesome thanks :).

Well I'll need at least one fender skin replaced (was in an accident) :)

Word. May I suggest am R line front end? Not common at all and will not look weird with the rest of the stock golf body if you decide not to do the skirts and rear bumper to match the R front.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Word. May I suggest am R line front end? Not common at all and will not look weird with the rest of the stock golf body if you decide not to do the skirts and rear bumper to match the R front.

I really wanted an R Line bumper. But I couldn't find the part numbers any where and the dealership/bodyshop wasn't sure they could get it.

Also talked with them today regarding R Bumper. They thought a bunch of extra stuff was needed. Told them just the bumper cover and necessary trim pieces. Hopefully they can figure it out. Went from Me paying an extra 680 to them potentially owing me money. Lets see what happens.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
So I'm making a list of all the parts needed for the R bumper. Am I missing anything?

Bumper cover: 5G0-807-221-BJ-GRU
Lower Spoiler: 5G0-805-915-H-9B9 (Is this necessary? I wonder if I can getaway with out it..)
Tow hook cover: 5G0-807-241-A-GRU (Can I use the one from my golf?)

Lower Drivers (Left) Aluminum Trim: 5G0-853-763-A-3Q7
Lower (Aluminum) Bumper Trim (Passenger) Right: 5G0-853-764-A-3Q7
Molding: 5G0-853-765--3Q7
Head Light Washer cover Drivers: 5G0-955-109-B-GRU
Headlight washer cover passenger: 5G0-955-110-B-GRU

Anything I'm missing?

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
The bumper will need the center and side grilles as well, no?

murtaza911

Ready to race!
After more searching I've come up with the extra additions:

- Left Grill Plate 5G0-853-949-D-9B9
- Right Grill Plate: 5G0-853-950-D-9B9
- Left Grill: 5G0-807-723-C
- Right Grill: 5G0-807-724-C
- Bumper Grill: (Cant find part number)

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
5G0-853-677-F-041 is the center grille w/o DAP

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Ok so I got the bodyshop to go ahead and order everything.. But now they're saying the bumper will not physically fit the car.

Is there something that they're missing here? I'm being told that it's going be to all distorted or something. Which doesn't make sense to me since the dimensions of the car are the same.

Is there anything else that needs to be done?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
What is a fender skin?