GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pure White 1.8TSI Build

1.8T EA888

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, long time lurker, and big VW fan here. This thread will be about the progress of my 2015 1.8 Golf S w/ Lighting and Sunroof. After following Basemodel and murtaza911's threads for a while I was inspired to start modding my own!

Here she is on delivery day:

1.8T EA888

Passed Driver's Ed
First Mod! VWR Racingline Springs

As most of us Golf owners know, stock ride height is far from optimal and takes away from the looks of the car. I wanted to hold out on lowering until a friend told me my car looked like a crossover:mad: I scoured the forums until I came upon a set of VWR springs for $100. Had em installed and I couldn't be happier. Looks wayyyyy better and rolls a little less too! Next up on the list is definitly getting rid of the ugly 15' inch Lyons wheels.

Attachments

• lowered ricball costco.jpg
    lowered ricball costco.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 767

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Slammed is out. Truck stance is in

We're ahead of the game

1.8T EA888

Passed Driver's Ed
Next Mod?

I finally have enough money saved up for my next major mod! I either want to buy a solid used wheel/tire package at around $500 or pick up a JB4. Thoughts on what I should do? Does the JB4 really net you noticeable gains on stock internals?

idris

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 MK7
I finally have enough money saved up for my next major mod! I either want to buy a solid used wheel/tire package at around $500 or pick up a JB4. Thoughts on what I should do? Does the JB4 really net you noticeable gains on stock internals?

That's a tough one. You could get more power, however with stock tires you'd spin out more times than you'd want to. Or you get wheels and tires and look a little nicer without the power. Personally I got the JB4 cause I wanted more power then got new wheels and tires a month or so later.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
You likely won’t get fantastic wheels/tires with $500... I bought wheels/tires for that price from a dude in jersey... they were no where near as advertised and it was the first mod I bought so I didn’t really have the knowledge to know they were bad...

I’d buy the JB4 and app connect. Save over the winter for wheels and tires. IMO Once you get into the $750-1000 range start digging in to the rolling things.

1.8T EA888

Passed Driver's Ed
You likely won’t get fantastic wheels/tires with $500... I bought wheels/tires for that price from a dude in jersey... they were no where near as advertised and it was the first mod I bought so I didn’t really have the knowledge to know they were bad...

I’d buy the JB4 and app connect. Save over the winter for wheels and tires. IMO Once you get into the $750-1000 range start digging in to the rolling things.

Gotcha. I'll probably end up with a JB4 then. It seems to be impossible to find one for sale on here

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Gotcha. I'll probably end up with a JB4 then. It seems to be impossible to find one for sale on here

Over the last month there’s been a few for sale!