GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Porsche Thread

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5

I like the Macan and as I watched that vid I must admit I said "Fk me" @29+ sec.

Regarding the 918 will we see a lighten stripped out version without the energy recovery system?

Regarding the 960 below - will it make the 911 obsolete? It will trade the awkward rear mounted engine for a proper location of the power unit, and also be the higher end model, unlike the Cayman? Will it be the car they starts to see the decline of the 911 sales for Porsche? Not that they will care if they have a successor, but Tradition of the 911 will start to slide as younger people may not care about the past, and see mid engined cars and SUV's from the marque more and more?

Personally I would like a 991 GT3 for the best of both worlds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVdme4ISq8Y

Last edited:

Zach L

VR junkie
The Porsche 960 will slot between the 911 and the 918's replacement. Probably in the $350-500k range and would compete in a space with the Ferrari 458, McLaren 12c and Lamborghini Huracan. Some might say it takes from some of the more extreme 911 (think GT2) sales, but Porsche sales are growing so fast across all their models I doubt it would even be noticeable.

Having this new "midrange" model will allow them to go even more extreme/expensive with the 918 replacement.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I saw a 918 yesterday, not the first one I've seen (saw FIVE one day apparently doing testing near my house), but the first one I've seen with regular California plates and running on its combustion engine -- the test mules were sadly running on electric power when I encountered them. The 918 engine makes glorious noises...

Zach L

VR junkie
Shots of a naked 991 GT3 RS in Stuttgart parking garage

Fender aero