GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Persistent TPMS Error

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
I reset the MIB (no nav unit). I’ve driven for a couple of hours and everything is still happy. Fingers crossed.

It almost seems like a software issue. There never is an event (bumps) that kicks off the error. It just happens. I would think if it is a bad connection, a bump would initiate the error. Who knows?

Ready to race!
not sure if you got it fixed. but mine is showing.

what i found out is that its the abs rings in the rear axle. if its dirty or old or rusting it will cause a mis read on the sensor. so on mine it was because of an accident that threw it off just a little.

in most cases you'll be one of the other causes. so try replacing the rings, and/or the rings and sensors. that should fix this issue.

the abs sensor and rings are part of the tpms system. you can look up more how the tpms works.

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
Getting persistent TPMS errors. I can reset the error, but it returns after a few miles of driving. Here is the relevant log entry:

16388 - TPMS Display
C1146 F0 [137] - Not Available
MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 6
Reset counter: 214
Mileage: 122806 km
Date: 2019.11.13
Time: 17:07:46

The errors started after the thermostat and a heater valve were replaced. Not sure what if any connect there would be, but thought it worth mentioning.

I don't get any ABS codes. Strange, because I would think that the TPMS is a subroutine of the ABS software. I can't come up with a plausible failure scenario. Any thoughts?
Did you end up figuring out what the issue was? I got the same fault after a fmic and have been racking my brains to figure it out. I even call vw tech line and they were stumped

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
I’m having a similar issue on my 2015 GTI, it started about 2 weeks ago. Had a few random times in the past but reset and it went away. Tpms light starts flashing about every 4 key cycles. It’s driving me crazy only been about 1 lb off on all four tires. Tomorrow I will check the rear abs sensors for corrosion.

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
I’m having a similar issue on my 2015 GTI, it started about 2 weeks ago. Had a few random times in the past but reset and it went away. Tpms light starts flashing about every 4 key cycles. It’s driving me crazy only been about 1 lb off on all four tires. Tomorrow I will check the rear abs sensors for corrosion.
I replaced all wheel speed sensors, all wheel bearings, abs control module, installed new tires, replaced temp sensors and still my tpms light would come on. I ended up installing the direct tpms sensors from a rs3 and now I have no light and can see real live pressure readings. Good luck with yours, I work at an vw/audi dealership so if you need help let me know.

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
Thank you. I appreciate that. I have Cup2 connects on my GTI and I’ve thought a few times I should have bought the sensors and display they have for it! I’m curious about the Audi sensors. Were you able to activate that with VCDS?