GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Perfectly Flush Offset

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
225's on the stock wheels are a pretty square setup. The 235 will be wider and taller. I'd lower first...then tires...check fitment...then get the spacers.

Here's someone with something similar you want to do. IMO...I'd stick with 225's. The 235 Indy 500's wll look mad thicc on 7.5 wheels.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5417

mk7_drew

Passed Driver's Ed
225's on the stock wheels are a pretty square setup. The 235 will be wider and taller. I'd lower first...then tires...check fitment...then get the spacers.

Here's someone with something similar you want to do. IMO...I'd stick with 225's. The 235 Indy 500's wll look mad thicc on 7.5 wheels.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5417

So I actually just purchased a set of Konig Dekagrams 18x8.5 +43
I'm already lowered on H&R sport springs
Just wondering, I've been browsing and been finding mk7s with 245 40 and 235 40. I actually really love the look of the 245, do you think I'll have any issues with running them? Will do the fender screw mod and would rather not do any camber adjustment.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Couple things can determine if you’re going to rub. The ride height and the camber of the wheels. I’ve seen a lot of people doing the fender screw mod with 235 40’s with VWR springs. 245 40 will be wider and taller than the 235 40.

I’m running 225 40 18 on 18x8.5 et40 front and 30et our back. The front is hella flush. No rubbing. If I was to go 245...I’d do 35 instead of a 40 on the sidewall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onehundrednorth

I've read this thread a few times but wanted to clarify. I'm purchasing a set of wheels ET45 18x8.5 and wanted 235/40/18 tires. This will fit right? And from what I've taken the rear will need some spacers, like 8mm? Just curious if someone could help me out. I'm trying to pick this all up before the end of the month. Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
18x8.5 ET45 is 17mm “more flush” than the GTI Austin wheels which are 18x7.5 ET49. Spacer flush kits for the Austins are typically 15mm front and 20mm rear.

So for the rears, I’d go with 5mm, if anything.

onehundrednorth

18x8.5 ET45 is 17mm “more flush” than the GTI Austin wheels which are 18x7.5 ET49. Spacer flush kits for the Austins are typically 15mm front and 20mm rear.

So for the rears, I’d go with 5mm, if anything.
Thanks man! I was wondering though, I ran 235/40/19x8.5 on my CC and I liked the stretch which also offered a little more room for movement. They were BLQ's and the tire looked nice stretched out. What tire would I run with 18x8.5 for a mild stretch? Do they even make 225/35 for 18?

Striker23

Go Kart Newbie
Looking to get either 18x8 45 or 18x8.5 45 with 235 tires. I’m not lowered and don’t plan on it. Don’t necessarily care if they’re perfectly flush. Just curious if both those options will fit with no problems?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks man! I was wondering though, I ran 235/40/19x8.5 on my CC and I liked the stretch which also offered a little more room for movement. They were BLQ's and the tire looked nice stretched out. What tire would I run with 18x8.5 for a mild stretch? Do they even make 225/35 for 18?

I think a 235 tire on 8.5 wide wheel will give a mild stretch. But it depends on the tire. 225 doable but more stretched.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Looking to get either 18x8 45 or 18x8.5 45 with 235 tires. I’m not lowered and don’t plan on it. Don’t necessarily care if they’re perfectly flush. Just curious if both those options will fit with no problems?

- 8" ET45 = 10mm past stock
- 8.5" ET45 = 17mm past stock

“Stock” being 18x7.5 ET49 VW Austin wheels.

Both will fit without problems. If you really want 235 tires, I’d go with the 8.5 wide wheel.

Striker23

Go Kart Newbie
- 8" ET45 = 10mm past stock
- 8.5" ET45 = 17mm past stock

“Stock” being 18x7.5 ET49 VW Austin wheels.

Both will fit without problems. If you really want 235 tires, I’d go with the 8.5 wide wheel.

I appreciate the info! Was reading through all these posts and many suggest the 235 even on a 8 inch wide wheel offers many benefits. More contact patch and protection for the wheel being some. Opinions are all over the place on this. Making the decision tougher.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I appreciate the info! Was reading through all these posts and many suggest the 235 even on a 8 inch wide wheel offers many benefits. More contact patch and protection for the wheel being some. Opinions are all over the place on this. Making the decision tougher.

That’s just my opinion. Certainly a lot of conflicting ones, agreed.

Further complicated by the fact that not all tires fit the same.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Very true. I guess the comforting part is many people are running both sizes without issues so either way I should be fine[emoji106]

Excellent perspective