GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PDC Retrofit Question

kyle_h

Passed Driver's Ed
I was able to get the PLA 3.0 module/sensors installed on my Golf R and working thanks to the Ross-Tech forums. This forum has also been a lot of help. I was wondering if anyone who has installed the PLA 3.0 system has had the same experience I currently have. In my 2017 GSW with PLA 2.0, I can change parking modes by pressing the PLA button a second time, however with the PLA 3.0 system I just installed on the 2017 Golf R, pressing the PLA button a second time only cancels the operation and does not cycle through the parking modes as described below. Has anyone experienced this? Coding is currently 0271167801. Thanks!

View attachment 260033
Random question, does the R bumper have any markings as to where the side sensor holes go?

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
Random question, does the R bumper have any markings as to where the side sensor holes go?
For the parallel park sensors, the rear bumper has crosshairs does but the MK7 R front bumper skin does not. There is an area in the front bumper subframe where the parallel park sensor PDC bracket is supposed to go but there weren't any crosshairs on the actual interior bumper skin. In saying that, if you do decide to add those particular sensors, I would highly recommend cutting away the subframe area around those brackets. I found out the hard way when the subframe pressed against the brackets and caused them to come off as I was reinstalling the front bumper on the car. As for the eight non-parallel park sensors, I'm not sure if there are cross-hairs as my car already had those installed from the factory.

Last edited:

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
@Kushdaiin there is an update for your module. K is the latest I have. You want me to post a link?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
A couple of my parking sensors were sitting a little askew, so I figured their holding brackets had probably come loose.
As we discussed earlier in this thread, VW has a bespoke tool for clamping these down while the epoxy sets (part of the VAS 6614 set of tools).

#6 is the plastic bumper cover; "a" is parking sensor bracket on the inside of the bumper cover that has to be epoxied to the inner bumper cover (epoxy is #7).

When I installed the other sensor brackets, I was able to get a clamp onto them in some way and they seemed to be holding solid just fine. These two in the middle, though....I just put some weight on them and hoped for the best....which lasted not quite two years. 🤷

So, wanted to do it better-er this time around.
I called my guys at the local VW dealership here to see if they had one I could borrow, but they did not. :(

Time to get creative: Being Canadian (and as required by law), I had a few hockey pucks kicking around the garage. So, I figured a way to re-purpose a hockey puck along with some Goop™ to craft my own version of a VAS6614. Did the trick very nicely.

And on the outside of the bumper cover, some rubber and a couple heavy washers.

Last edited:

jacekk1986

Car(s)
GTI MK7
I have another problem. I have DTC that there is no connection with EPB but my car is from US market and there is na EPB only hand brake. How to code 5qa919298k for normal handbrake? I serched Coding and Adaptation and there is no EPB option. PLA working properly. Thanks in advance for help.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I have another problem. I have DTC that there is no connection with EPB but my car is from US market and there is na EPB only hand brake. How to code 5qa919298k for normal handbrake? I serched Coding and Adaptation and there is no EPB option. PLA working properly. Thanks in advance for help.
You need a dataset for cars without EPB. It's not coding or adaptation. I also had that code after my retrofit so...

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/cuzoes-2015-golf-tdi-s-journal.373961/post-7889122

Finding the right dataset would have been the much better choice, haha.

fezster

Car(s)
E-golf
I read this thread beginning to end and there's some great info on wiring aftermarket pdc, but I have a slightly different question. My factory fit rear pdc stopped working and I've found the wiring under the rear of the car is damaged (probably rodent damage by the looks of it).

Im trying to work out whether the harness from the parking control unit (j446) to just beneath the rear of the car, before it connects to the rear parking sensor harness, is one piece or not. The damage is just prior to the rear parking harness and just after it exits the vehicle from the boot. If its not modular, I'm guessing a repair would be the easiest/cheapest option?