GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ParkPilot rear view camera not available fix?

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I been doing some searching since for about a week now I have not been able to use the rear camera when reversing. But the results I found were generally inconclusive. Some say to replace a module, others say the head unit needs to be recoded.

Was there an official answer to fix the issue?

Last edited:

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
best bet is to take to the dealer... even if someone gave you a answer your going to have to either order a part in hopes it works.

i assume your warranty is up ?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Wouldn't a better title have been the rear camera isn't working?

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
best bet is to take to the dealer... even if someone gave you a answer your going to have to either order a part in hopes it works.

i assume your warranty is up ?

Of course the warranty is up! Still, wouldn’t hurt to ask them what can be done. I don’t need it but it is a nice convenience.

Wouldn't a better title have been the rear camera isn't working?

Fixed!

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I got park pilot unavailable for a week or so after the camera would close.

Eventually it just stopped working entirely. Dealership tried software updates and checked wiring to no avail.

Solution was replacement camera covered under warranty

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I got park pilot unavailable for a week or so after the camera would close.

Eventually it just stopped working entirely. Dealership tried software updates and checked wiring to no avail.

Solution was replacement camera covered under warranty

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hopefully replacing the camera doesn’t require recoding.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I found the root cause and they are corroded pins from my hatch leaking water because the tail lights on the hatch part were not tightened down. Thanksgiving day I will be repairing the corroded pins and wires. So I will be sure to post up pictures and a little DIY that may help others.
Once the pins are fixed and I get continuity again, hopefully that whole mechanism will still work!