GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ordered

CdnX

Ready to race!
Ordered a GTI 5dr with auto in Tornado Red this weekend with Mrs CdnX. A hell of a replacement for her 03 Echo :D. I think the plaid seats put it over the top on her list.

CdnX

Ready to race!
Looked really sharp in person. It was my wife's choice as it will be her car. Though I'll likely get some wheel time. Looking forward getting it..whenever that may be?? Looking at end of July I think.

CdnX

Ready to race!
Well just spoke with the dealer, the 6 week delivery is out the door and he is now saying end of Sept or mid Oct. He is going to see if the exact car is available at another dealer but it seems unlikely. While we are in no rush to replace our current car this is really disappointing. Big fail on VoNA part on rolling out this car.

dyinu

Well just spoke with the dealer, the 6 week delivery is out the door and he is now saying end of Sept or mid Oct. He is going to see if the exact car is available at another dealer but it seems unlikely. While we are in no rush to replace our current car this is really disappointing. Big fail on VoNA part on rolling out this car.

That's not VoNA's fault. It's your dealership. My dealer was able to secure one with the same spec as yours about a month ago and I received mine last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CdnX

Ready to race!
That's not VoNA's fault. It's your dealership. My dealer was able to secure one with the same spec as yours about a month ago and I received mine last week.

I wonder if it is the dealer. They just parrot what they are being told, 6-8 weeks wasn't the sales guy trying to close a deal.If it was it's a crappy approach and he could have said 4-6 weeks. Meh..I could be wrong but it seems that in the rush to bring this car to market the only thing that got to market was the fanfare and demo cars. Also seems they did a piss poor job with their production planning, which shouldn't be rocket science at this stage for VW. Now it may be that Canada being a market smaller then say California it just isn't as high a priority to get the cars to market here as it is elsewhere.

I'm disappointed but as I said not in a panic to replace my wife's current car. What I want is a little consideration for hurting my feelings :D

o-iii1

Ready to race!
I was told up to 6 weeks when i ordered mine in mid-June, but they swapped with a dealer in Kingston (trucked in, not driven!) and I got mine Monday. Myers VW in Kanata just received a TR on their lot, but I didn't look close enough to see how it was configured. Over 5000 have already been produced for NA based on VIN numbers I've seen. I bet it comes in sooner than that. Here's hoping for you!

CdnX

Ready to race!
I was told up to 6 weeks when i ordered mine in mid-June, but they swapped with a dealer in Kingston (trucked in, not driven!) and I got mine Monday. Myers VW in Kanata just received a TR on their lot, but I didn't look close enough to see how it was configured. Over 5000 have already been produced for NA based on VIN numbers I've seen. I bet it comes in sooner than that. Here's hoping for you!

Thanks for the positive sentiment! Myers is going to see if a car with our option choices exists elsewhere in NA and ship it in if possible. Not wanting leather doesn't seem to be the norm so it may be a wait for us. I am only mildly torqued about the long wait and would have been less so if they (dealer or VW) had been more upfront about it.

Myers did have 2 or 3 demos there. TR (6sp), Grey (auto & leather) and a white one.

boshunter

My dealer told me if you wanted the front collision warning, you will have to wait till sept/oct.
But if not, they can get it within the month.

CdnX

Ready to race!
So we are both Myers customers? I dealt with Markus and he was fantastic.

Us too, Markus has been quite good to deal with. I particularly like that he understood that this will be my wife's car and spoke almost exclusively to her rather than default to me.

I am curious if a car delivered in Sept/Oct will have the collision warning radar? Might lower insurance some as it does in other countries.

o-iii1

Ready to race!
Us too, Markus has been quite good to deal with. I particularly like that he understood that this will be my wife's car and spoke almost exclusively to her rather than default to me.

I am curious if a car delivered in Sept/Oct will have the collision warning radar? Might lower insurance some as it does in other countries.

According to what I have read, the forward collision warning is part of the Technology package for cars built after June 30. It wasn't a deal maker/breaker for me, but I'm sure it's a "nice to have". Markus believes it will manifest as that big square cutout in the lower grille, but it could just be those dots in the bumper (see picture).

Attachments

• GTI.jpg
    GTI.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 434

boshunter

I really wish VW would give us more info on the front collision system in NA
Even asked a few people at Driving Experience event and they can't tell me anything.

Wouldn't safety features like this be a big selling point?

dyinu

I really wish VW would give us more info on the front collision system in NA

Even asked a few people at Driving Experience event and they can't tell me anything.

Wouldn't safety features like this be a big selling point?

There had been a number of incidences where front collision system malfunctioned in Europe. For example, there was once an incidence where the driver was on the highway and Frontcollision system brought the car to a complete stop randomly.

If anything NoVW wants to perfect the system before actually implementing it - this I think is crucial.