GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ordered 4Motion Sportwagen

Atlatl

I wonder if the APR DQ250 TCU flash will work on it, or if they will tweak the flash to work with the new car since its the same trans. Would be really cool to be able to build a(n almost) Golf R wagon with relative ease.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Sounds like it's going to be awesome after the IS20 swap and proper suspension mods (and maybe a DSG tune). It's really going to be a US Sportwagen R.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Sounds like it's going to be awesome after the IS20 swap and proper suspension mods (and maybe a DSG tune). It's really going to be a US Sportwagen R.

That is the plan. I just put a JB1 on it for now until the tune is ready for the 2017 ECU and a DSG tune specific to the IS20 tune for the 1.8. Also there aren't any down pipes or catbacks for it yet and I don't know what will or won't fit with the AWD yet. I would think the Golf R set up would fit, at least up until the tailpipe, so that should probably be out soon enough. Also waiting for a spring kit to be available to make it handle. I could probably mix and match but the biggest unknown is a spring for the rear with the added weight of the AWD. The JB1 really wakes this thing up and with the 4motion it does not have any traction issues at all. So far I am very pleased with this purchase.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Should've waited just a couple weeks

There was a extra $1k for Halloween (and that's carrying over into November), and there's also $1k for owner loyalty too they just introduced

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Should've waited just a couple weeks

There was a extra $1k for Halloween (and that's carrying over into November), and there's also $1k for owner loyalty too they just introduced

Out of all of these deals they are advertising, non of them apply to the Alltrack or the 20017 Sportwagen. Just the specials on financing apply and I financed mine through my credit union.

bennybmn

Ready to race!
I was starting to get real excited about a 4motion with 6MT, and looking at the order sheet kessy isn't offered... Bummer. I wonder why? Seems like keyless entry is pretty standard across the industry. With all the car thieves reading signals from people pushing buttons on their remote, I felt a little more comfortable just touching the handle and not worrying about it. Maybe I'm wrong and they can snag a signal from keyless too, but it's a nice feature either way.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
I was starting to get real excited about a 4motion with 6MT, and looking at the order sheet kessy isn't offered... Bummer. I wonder why? Seems like keyless entry is pretty standard across the industry. With all the car thieves reading signals from people pushing buttons on their remote, I felt a little more comfortable just touching the handle and not worrying about it. Maybe I'm wrong and they can snag a signal from keyless too, but it's a nice feature either way.

Kessy is only available on the SE and SEL. 4motion is only available on the S. If you buy an Alltrack SE you can have both. Alltrack S, no Kessy. Alltrack SEL, no manual. At least that is what the latest info that I saw has confirmed. But who knows with these guys anymore. lol

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Out of all of these deals they are advertising, non of them apply to the Alltrack or the 20017 Sportwagen. Just the specials on financing apply and I financed mine through my credit union.

Actually...just the Alltrack, Pink Beetle and Golf R were excluded ;)

The Loyalty is good for 2016 or 2017 models
And the Halloween cash was only for 2017 models

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Actually...just the Alltrack, Pink Beetle and Golf R were excluded ;)

The Loyalty is good for 2016 or 2017 models
And the Halloween cash was only for 2017 models

You are correct about the customer loyalty. The dealer called after I posted this to tell me that my wife will get $1000 more off her car for the loyalty. Not sure about the Halloween cash, either I got that or it don't apply to the 4motion Wagen cause she is only getting $1000 below what I got mine for. I will have to check.

Not sorry I bought it when I did though as all of the dealers received one of these before the official release and they showed up with the Drivers Assistance Package which is not available on the S 4motion according the their order sheets. All of the S 4motion Wagens showing up now do not have this package. None of the first group show up on the VW website inventory as well. You have to go to the individual dealer sites to find them. They are pretty much all sold out of the first group around here.

Also, they don't list them with the DAP on the site. The dealers didn't even know about it. You have to look at the pictures of the car to see if it is included. You can see the Adaptive Cruise radar in the front lower grill on some of them.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
According to the vw build site, DAP is order only now. So yeah, you won't find then on dealer lots anymore. You'd have to special order.

On a side note, still don't see manual versions of All track (s,se) or 4 motion Sportwagen. Started thinking about it after the rain we got recently and spinning tires at 70mph. Not even flooded highway, just wet.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
According to the vw build site, DAP is order only now. So yeah, you won't find then on dealer lots anymore. You'd have to special order.

On a side note, still don't see manual versions of All track (s,se) or 4 motion Sportwagen. Started thinking about it after the rain we got recently and spinning tires at 70mph. Not even flooded highway, just wet.

I have trouble spinning them in the rain with a JB1 installed. Still don't see DAP for S 4motion, do you have a link? Manual is supposed to come out in 1st quarter 2017.

This is the latest info I could find and it matches my dealers pricing sheet. http://media.vw.com/doc/2059/41900222957e433aab1ba3.pdf
It wouldn't surprise me though, these guys can't make up their minds for nothing and they don't tell their dealers shit either. lol

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

bennybmn

Ready to race!
Kessy is only available on the SE and SEL. 4motion is only available on the S. If you buy an Alltrack SE you can have both. Alltrack S, no Kessy. Alltrack SEL, no manual. At least that is what the latest info that I saw has confirmed. But who knows with these guys anymore. lol

I think I found the PDF of the Alltrack pricing sheet after I posted that, and you're right. The Alltrack SE is the sweet spot. I don't need the extra height and driving modes, but having those couple of extra features like the kessy and sunroof would be nice. Just have to decide if the price is worth it!

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
I will say this. This car gets traction for days. On another note, I read an article somewhere that said they were thinking about putting out a regular Golf TSI with 4motion seeing as the plant is capable of it now, but they haven't made a final decision yet. That would be really cool but I can't seem to find that article now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
You are correct about the customer loyalty. The dealer called after I posted this to tell me that my wife will get $1000 more off her car for the loyalty. Not sure about the Halloween cash, either I got that or it don't apply to the 4motion Wagen cause she is only getting $1000 below what I got mine for. I will have to check.

The "Halloween cash" turned into "November bonus" cash for November. I know it's for leases, not 100% if it's still good for buys too. And it might be "dealer" cash, meaning they don't have to give it to you either...extra money to play with essentially.

The rebate though, you are eligible for

Do you need supplier pricing btw? ($500 below invoice price)
I can get that for you