GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OHIO Chat Thread

iliveoncaffiene

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 718 GT4
Got my first manual car (ever) a week ago: a 2016 Black Golf R :D :D :D (sorry I'm still in the new car honeymoon phase)

WolfgangMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
From North Canton Ohio.Anyone here thinking about Unitronic flash with uniconnect?I am debating between Unitonic and APR Stage 1+. I have stage 1 APR on my Mkiv GTI no complaints but the new APR doesn't have the ability to switch programs for MKVII. so I am thinking about Unitronic.

Boost3d.GTI

Ready to race!
From North Canton Ohio.Anyone here thinking about Unitronic flash with uniconnect?I am debating between Unitonic and APR Stage 1+. I have stage 1 APR on my Mkiv GTI no complaints but the new APR doesn't have the ability to switch programs for MKVII. so I am thinking about Unitronic.

Talk to Andy at Haus of Dub. He is in Akron area. http://hausofdub.com/wp/ They do Uni and he can help you out with anything related. Great guy and great company!

WolfgangMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
But still, if going to the dealer....flash to stock & tune at home = free and no drive

Remove tune/flash at APR dealer = $60 each time + the drive/time

I agree about APR being more of a pain if they do not have program switching. Waiting to see what they have if no program switching via cruise I will go with Unitronic. Hopefully they break encryption soon. I would think if one tuning company figures it out others will too. otherwise they would lose out on sales.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
I agree. Not sure if Unitronic broke VW encryption. APR might have program switching via cruise control .Wait and see.

I agree about APR being more of a pain if they do not have program switching. Waiting to see what they have if no program switching via cruise I will go with Unitronic. Hopefully they break encryption soon. I would think if one tuning company figures it out others will too. otherwise they would lose out on sales.

FWIW, switching programs will not flash the ECU with the stock original file.

If you're referring to the newer "production date" ECU's produced March 2015 or beyond, we're getting very close. :D

WolfgangMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
FWIW, switching programs will not flash the ECU with the stock original file.

If you're referring to the newer "production date" ECU's produced March 2015 or beyond, we're getting very close. :D

That is awesome! I have plenty of time to wait since winter is just around the corner. Thanks John for the update! :D