GOLFMKV

Official Pure White GTI / Golf Thread

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP

dsimons1187

Ready to race!
Couple from today. For those of you who actually know how to take proper photos, would love some feedback for the future on how to improve shots regarding angles, lighting, focus points, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0189.JPG
    IMG_0189.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 1,892
  • IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 2,033
  • IMG_0195.JPG
    IMG_0195.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 1,944
  • IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 1,808

TechRoss

Ready to race!
Couple from today. For those of you who actually know how to take proper photos, would love some feedback for the future on how to improve shots regarding angles, lighting, focus points, etc.
Howdy. Car photography is not easy with all the light reflection and angles etc. These pics are actually really good with the available light. A few things I would have changec, the first 2 pics hand more space behind the car than in front. Try crop that out or shoot with space in front of the car. The idea is if you are going to have space it should look like the subject has somewhere to go. Google the rule of thirds for a better idea. Then the other one and this would take some time to sort, in the first 3 pics there is a pole growing out of the car, those power poles or whatever they are, are drawing your eye. To fix this you would have to move around a bit or move the car. In the last pic there is a bright red box growing out the top of the car. You get my idea. The car is the focus so try minimize destructions. A shallow depth of field would have helped a lot here. Otherwise like I said, not bad at all.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

Go onto http://photography-on-the.net forum and go to the automotive section.

For me, your picture are way too cropped, too much in the background, your white balance is too cool and you need to bump up your shadows and lower your whites. All this is stuff you learn over time and can fix in post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsimons1187

Ready to race!
Howdy. Car photography is not easy with all the light reflection and angles etc. These pics are actually really good with the available light. A few things I would have changec, the first 2 pics hand more space behind the car than in front. Try crop that out or shoot with space in front of the car. The idea is if you are going to have space it should look like the subject has somewhere to go. Google the rule of thirds for a better idea. Then the other one and this would take some time to sort, in the first 3 pics there is a pole growing out of the car, those power poles or whatever they are, are drawing your eye. To fix this you would have to move around a bit or move the car. In the last pic there is a bright red box growing out the top of the car. You get my idea. The car is the focus so try minimize destructions. A shallow depth of field would have helped a lot here. Otherwise like I said, not bad at all.

Really appreciate the feedback! I have a long way to go but this definitely gives me a place to start. Thanks again man

dsimons1187

Ready to race!
Go onto http://photography-on-the.net forum and go to the automotive section.

For me, your picture are way too cropped, too much in the background, your white balance is too cool and you need to bump up your shadows and lower your whites. All this is stuff you learn over time and can fix in post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thanks for the link, I will definitely have to do some reading later