GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Diverter valve

Moschris

Ready to race!
Ive been told by a local european auto shop that the stock diverter valve on the mk5 and later will work perfectly fine throughout the cars life even with APR tune and an aftermarket intake. Would it still be better to get a better diverter valve anyway to assure no loss of power?

nal

Ready to race!
Get the best of both worlds - DV+ from Gfb for the reliability of the stock DV while improving on its weaknesses ,all inexpensively !

Mk620T

Ready to race!
You can't go wrong upgrading the DV, but your shop is right that it isnt really necessary. Despite seeming counterintuitive, it's easier for DV's to hold high boost reliably than low boost, so unless your wears out (probably 5-10 years based on rubber failing) you should be good. Unless you want blow off sound I'd spend the money elsewhere.

nal

Ready to race!
the flutter is minimal almost not discernible in fact amidst the sound of the intake, the latter is louder.there are more aggressive dv out there but i have yet to find one that holds boost this well especially at low speeds and and this price

K4RL

Passed Driver's Ed
Does GFB make a DV+ for the 1.8T mk7? I found the 2.0T DV+ for the GTI, but I'm not sure if it's the right size for the 1.8T.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Wondering the same thing about DV options for the 1.8t. Its weird that the forge says it works for both GTI and Golf MK7's, but the others don't. It must be the way they are designed to mount to the engine that determines their interchangeability.

K4RL

Passed Driver's Ed
According to modded euros, the CTS DV and BOV are compatible with both the 1.8 and 2.0 engines. It makes me think the stock DV might be the same on the Golf and the GTI, so the DV+ could fit. I'll try to contact GFB later today to see if they have a definitive answer.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
According to modded euros, the CTS DV and BOV are compatible with both the 1.8 and 2.0 engines. It makes me think the stock DV might be the same on the Golf and the GTI, so the DV+ could fit. I'll try to contact GFB later today to see if they have a definitive answer.

Cool, thanks. Let us know what you find out from them.

K4RL

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, >24 hours later and no answer from GFB.

I sent the same question to Modded Euros and they answered right away. The rep I talked to said that the GTI model DV+ will most likely fit, as I suspected, but they can't officially guarantee it. Their fitment guarantee only applies to parts they can verify in-house, which they haven't done for this particular part & car.

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
Well, >24 hours later and no answer from GFB.

I sent the same question to Modded Euros and they answered right away. The rep I talked to said that the GTI model DV+ will most likely fit, as I suspected, but they can't officially guarantee it. Their fitment guarantee only applies to parts they can verify in-house, which they haven't done for this particular part & car.

Ill shoot the GFB engineer an email. We will get a response for you guys but as mentioned here we have not confirmed yet but it should fit.

K4RL

Passed Driver's Ed
I had some lost emails and miscommunication with the GFB team last week, but I just received confirmation from them that the T9351 DV+ will fit the 1.8T. Good to finally confirm all the suspicions.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
I had some lost emails and miscommunication with the GFB team last week, but I just received confirmation from them that the T9351 DV+ will fit the 1.8T. Good to finally confirm all the suspicions.

Thanks, good work!

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Just wanted to report back for final confirmation. T9351 is installed and working great on my TSI 1.8t 2015 Golf. Great value indeed.

the flutter is minimal almost not discernible in fact amidst the sound of the intake, the latter is louder.there are more aggressive dv out there but i have yet to find one that holds boost this well especially at low speeds and and this price

Agreed, this thing is great. Intake sounds are a tad bit more noticeable (woosh) and throttle is nice and smooth.