GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

johnmnmayo

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all. Do you guys remember how did you do the NAR to RoW obdeleven tweak? For some reason I'm stuck in the basic settings. It won't let me change it to active. It says Not Active and even if I tap on that, it does nothing. And now this AFS error haunts my dash. :(

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

1Krautburner

Ready to race!
Hello all. Do you guys remember how did you do the NAR to RoW obdeleven tweak? For some reason I'm stuck in the basic settings. It won't let me change it to active. It says Not Active and even if I tap on that, it does nothing. And now this AFS error haunts my dash. :(

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

I'm having the same problem. I changed the NAR setting to ECE and now I can't reset basic settings. What did I do wrong?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Turn off indicators for cruise control and esc off

I tend to keep my cruise control on all the time as well as esc off.
The problem is that the cruise control & ECS off indicators cover the odometer and trip odometer.
I can't stand this.
Is there any way to permanently keep the odometer and trip odometer visible at all times.

bikedewd

Central Electrics: control module incorrectly coded

Hi Folks -- hope someone can help. My battery discharged due to owner stupidity.

I tried to start the car several times before hooking up a charger.

Now I have a fault that I can't clear:

Central Electrics: Fault: Control module incorrectly coded

Fault Code: U101400 (526615)
Letzte Weckursache/Werte [00;2E]: keine Storschutzursache
Status Bremslichtschalter (CAN): Off
Off: operated
Terminal 50 status: Off
Outside Air temperature: 24.5 C
Terminal 15 status: On
Unlearning Counter: 15
Mileage: 10906 km
Priority: 2
Parking light left: not activated
Low beam: not activated
Status Bremslichtschalter (HW) Off
Date: 2017-01-19 18:28:31
Automatic high beam assist: not activated
Voltage: 12.6 V
Parking light right: not activated
Malfunction frequency counter: 1
CAN-Bus_aktiv: On
Parking light: not activated

Here is the long coding for the module:

00111A464041A2F969E4400001140720180000000->

I have tried changing a Bit/saving/changing back to no avail.

I also have a "FAULT: Vehicle Lighting" and the Triangle/exclamation point on the dash. All of the lights are working. I think this is related to the above fault???

I have LED Euro Tails, LED License lights and LED cornering lights. Previously to this, I had no errors and if I now had a bulb issue, it would be identified on the display instead of a generic "vehicle lighting" fault, correct?

Just to elaborate, here is what I have tried:

• Re-accepting all of the changes for the LED Tails I had made previously through OBDeleven
  • Replacing the LED cornering lights with the original bulbs (No OBDeleven changes were required -- the LED's worked without any bulb error)
  • Turning off the LED License plate lights through OBDeleven

I have tried changing theCan some please help? I don't want to go to the dealer to fix this.

Thanks!!

Jay

Derf

Ready to race!
Hi Folks -- hope someone can help. My battery discharged due to owner stupidity.

I also have a "FAULT: Vehicle Lighting" and the Triangle/exclamation point on the dash. All of the lights are working. I think this is related to the above fault???

I have LED Euro Tails, LED License lights and LED cornering lights. Previously to this, I had no errors and if I now had a bulb issue, it would be identified on the display instead of a generic "vehicle lighting" fault, correct?

• Re-accepting all of the changes for the LED Tails I had made previously through OBDeleven
  • Replacing the LED cornering lights with the original bulbs (No OBDeleven changes were required -- the LED's worked without any bulb error)

I have tried changing theCan some please help? I don't want to go to the dealer to fix this.

Thanks!!

Jay

Battery dies if you leave OBD11 in the port too long (like overnight). Jump/charge the car and drive it, errors will clear themselves.

bikedewd

Thanks. That's how the battery died from me leaving it in the car. I did charge it and am driving it. The errors are still there. I need help clearing the Central Electric fault -- it won't clear via OBD11 -- and I'm hoping that when I can finally get that cleared the central Electric fault U101400 the Light Fault will go away.

Bottom line, I need help -- driving the car has not been the answer.

xl1200r

Ready to race!
Ok - I had posted about having a bunch of issues, but after doing some more research I got things working.

-Comfort Turn Signals is upped to 5.
-North American headlight restrictions were lifted, which has the added benefit of having the DRL dim for the turn signal instead of going out, and also leveled my headlights after my spring install (main reason for getting this thing in the first place).
-Rear inner lights now function as turn signals and brakes. A lot of instructions out there made changes that had them go entirely out between blinks, but I kept the factory setting of 28 so they go no dimmer than the running light.

I tried and did not succeed at changing the rear wiper interval. I found where it's done, and found where in the head unit I need to reset if for the change to take, but it never did. However, I did learn that it appears the rear wiper interval speeds up depending on if your front wipers are on interval, low or high speed... at least that's how it looks. I'll have to test it next time I'm in the rain.

I'll play some more over the weekend.

EDIT: Oh, I did have a bunch of faults. No Sat radio, tire pressure warning, and one other meaningless one I can't recall. However, I did have 2 that I think need to be addressed: Something about the EVAP system not venting correctly, and one about the blower motor door being jammed. I've noticed the blower motor acts a little haywire sometimes, and I just had the vent line recall done, so I'm going to see if the dealer needs to take a look at either of these.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Just done the adaptation to change my DRL's from on/off when the indicators are used to pulsing (see coding earlier in thread)....

https://youtu.be/qrt7pN_z2fc

To pulse you change "Dimmwert GH2" and "GH3" from 0 to the value of 25.

Last edited:

xl1200r

Ready to race!
I had tried and failed to set up coming home lights on my car last night. Mine does not have a light/rain sensor or the auto headlamp switch, so I knew it had to be set to manual. Tried again just now, I must not have hit the commit button or something last night, as all of the settings were as they needed to be. I hit the green check mark and checked in the MIB screen and sure enough it was there and set to on. Tried it and it works perfect! Went back in and changed it to 'Fog Lights'. I was pleasantly surprised that the fog lights, DRLs, front and rear side marker lights, and rear running lights are all lit for coming home.

I'm disappointed that I won't be able to get Leaving Home lights to work. Oh well.

I also tried an app and burned up the free credits I had for the windows up/down with remote - the coding seemed a major PITA for this, so the app was an easy choice. Works perfect! I doubt I'll ever use it, but it'll be neat to show off once or twice, haha

LlF

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok

I tried and did not succeed at changing the rear wiper interval. I found where it's done, and found where in the head unit I need to reset if for the change to take, but it never did. However, I did learn that it appears the rear wiper interval speeds up depending on if your front wipers are on interval, low or high speed... at least that's how it looks. I'll have to test it next time I'm in the rain.

I

could you tell me more?

xl1200r

Ready to race!
could you tell me more?

I'm not entirely sure if it's necessary, but when you go into the Menu settings, there's an option to 'reset to factory settings' for the wipers.

There is also an option to reset the lights, which was required to finalize the change of the number of blinks for the comfort turn signals, so I was hoping it would be what's needed to change the interval for the rear wiper. It still may be needed, but I wasn't able to change the adaptations in a way that had any impact, yet.

sparkyr

Passed Driver's Ed
I've looked for, but can't find any way to change the dash lighting on my GTI. My tach and speedometer lighting dim at times during the day when the sunlight changes, which makes it hard to see the two dials while wearing my sunglasses, which is most of the time here in sunny Florida. Is there an OBDeleven setting to change this?

sbarrett4

Ready to race!
Ran into an issue trying to improve the mirror dip on my 2016 S. I had used the OBD11 app initially to activate it, and it was fine, but as others noted the mirror didn't always return to the same position. I was going to try these directions but OBD11 doesn't have the same long coding setup in 52 Passenger Door (at least not that I found):
-Go to controller 52 passenger door -Got to 07 coding, go to byte 4 -Enable bits 1 and 2. The usual instructions say to enable bits 2 and 3. Bit 3 does nothing, at least on my controller.
Try bit 2 and 3 if it doesn't work

Instead in the coding section I found memory_mirror which was listed as not active. I switched it to active thinking it might do the trick. Tested it out, mirror dipped but did not return at all when moving forward. So I went back in and returned it to not active and tried again, mirror behaved the same - did not return at all upon moving forward.

So, I decided to try the app again. Was still listed as active there, so I turned it off. Then turned it on again. Tested it out, same thing. Mirror dips but doesn't return at all.

So, my question is, what did I mess up or miss? I returned all changed values back to what they were before I started tinkering and it still doesn't work.

EDIT: solved the problem. Figured out how to access the long coding in passenger door module and unchecked Bit 1 in Byte 4. Back to normal function. Hurray!

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I've looked for, but can't find any way to change the dash lighting on my GTI. My tach and speedometer lighting dim at times during the day when the sunlight changes, which makes it hard to see the two dials while wearing my sunglasses, which is most of the time here in sunny Florida. Is there an OBDeleven setting to change this?
sparkyr: hi - there are acouple of tweaks that will change the illumination of the dashboard during daylight, but the problem is that they both need a security access code to implement.
Unfortunately, the access code for the dashboard module on your MY16 vehicle is not known!

The other alternative is to turn-on what's called "Scandinavian DRLs" which illuminates the rear tails as well as the normal DRLs. This change has the effect of also turning-on the dashboard lights to full brightness - so it may be a solution for you?

Here are the VCDS instructions for Scandinavian DRLs, which should be readily translatable to OBD11 speak (thanks MRG_AU)

Don

Select 09 - Central Electr control module
Select Security Access - 16 from the "Open Controller" screen
Enter the magic number 31347 and return to the "Open Controller" screen
Select Adaptation - 10 from the "Open Controller" screen
From the pull-down button Select (6)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht, is not active by default, make this active. (Google translation result is Daytime running light daytime running lights additionally activated parking light)

bikedewd

Thanks!!

Jay

Anyone have ideas to help?

Thanks,

Jay