GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

nicholam77's PP GTI thread

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, riceburner. I did re-shape the clay often, and used plenty of lubricant. That pic was what was picked up off the bottom half of one of the front door panels, only. :oops:

The vast majority of the car didn't need much work (roof, hood, etc). But the lower half of the doors, runners, hatch, and rear bumper sill all had a lot of crud in the paint. It had been 1 yr since I clayed it last, but through a harsh winter with lots of dirt and salt, and I didn't clay or re-apply sealant in the spring for the warm season. (had a baby, life gets in the way sometimes).

Totally agree on the small things keeping it fun. Thanks for stopping in.

?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Oh wow! That's pretty serious then! Haha. I'm kind of a detailing nut though, but I hardly picked up that much over my whole car. Trying to avoid winter driving like the plague though.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
My annual clay bar and sealant glamour shot before swapping to winter wheels:

Between my 2 yr old, covid (job uncertainty), house projects, and other hobbies, sadly not much has changed with the car.

Hope everyone is well!

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Looks great!

Thanks!

Looks fantastic, carbon steel gray really cleans up well!

Thank you!

And I spy a dust separator, got any fun projects going on?

Good eye haha that is indeed a separator.

Not too much going on at the moment... mostly just random "shop jigs" when I get the chance. My woodworking is definitely a hobby that takes time and money from the GTI unfortunately. I'm an amateur and it started out working on my house. This is the back wall of my 18'x20' garage.

Latest actual projects I completed this summer are a kids' bed for my daughter, a toy cubby, and some floating shelves for the kitchen.

But the GTI always maintains a parking spot 😁

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
Projects look great, those are definitely fun ones! I'm also very much an amateur and always wish I had more time to spend on projects/shop furniture/jigs/etc.

Anyway, I don't want to derail your journal, just had to geek out about the equipment :)