GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New R owner! 2017 oryx white....

vwauug

Ready to race!
Gotta say together with the headlights they work well - e.g., cohesive design. They’re very nice and look even better in person. Love them!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
Gotta say together with the headlights they work well - e.g., cohesive design. They’re very nice and look even better in person. Love them!!!

:jelly:
I want a set!

vwauug

Ready to race!
Yup. OEM euro r tails. With BEC harness and euro light switch.

vwauug

Ready to race!
They look great man! That's my next upgrade after the Chicago winter is done! :)

Thanks. Go cubs! [emoji481]

Next up is my winter setup. Just heard about frost next week in Chicago! [emoji51]

stillwellm10

Ready to race!
Thanks. Go cubs! [emoji481]

Next up is my winter setup. Just heard about frost next week in Chicago! [emoji51]

Haha I'm not originally from here, so I'm not Cubs fan. I'll still be rooting for them though! ;)

Very nice! I just run my stock setup for the winter which are 17' Madrids.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
I found the GTi a bit more fun to drive than my wife's Audi S3 with MAG ride, specifically in the turns under w.o.t.. IMO it's just my opinion versus everyone else's but i found the GTi's approx. 500 lb. lighter curb weight difference so much more rewarding in the turns than having the haldex AWD drivetrain and that IS38 acceleration. She has a CTS 3.5"dp with a high flow cat (stock tune) vs. my catless 3" Circuit Werks TBE that tapers to a 2.25" axle-back with stock tune.

No doubt her car is quicker in the straights, however, my GTi feels quicker in the turns versus her car. To also clarify my opinions versus her car is that she runs firehawks indy 500s versus and my car runs dws06. IMO her indy 500s should provide more grip (when warm) versus the DWS06 tires. Then again, it's only my opinion versus other people's experiences and thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

vwauug

Ready to race!
I found the GTi a bit more fun to drive than my wife's Audi S3 with MAG ride, specifically in the turns under w.o.t.. IMO it's just my opinion versus everyone else's but i found the GTi's approx. 500 lb. lighter curb weight difference so much more rewarding in the turns than having the haldex AWD drivetrain and that IS38 acceleration. She has a CTS 3.5"dp with a high flow cat (stock tune) vs. my catless 3" Circuit Werks TBE that tapers to a 2.25" axle-back with stock tune.

No doubt her car is quicker in the straights, however, my GTi feels quicker in the turns versus her car. To also clarify my opinions versus her car is that she runs firehawks indy 500s versus and my car runs dws06. IMO her indy 500s should provide more grip (when warm) versus the DWS06 tires. Then again, it's only my opinion versus other people's experiences and thoughts.

I love my R.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
At the end of the day its all about if the car makes you smile and it seems you made the right choice. I also came from a 2012 DSG S4, it was a stage 2+ car with only straight line acceleration. It felt like a boat in the corners.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
vwauug

Congratulations on buying the Golf R they are truly a great car. I bought a Limestone Gray Metallic back in March of 2015. Drove it home 700 miles from Charleston, SC to NE Ohio. It now has around 6,500 miles on it. I do not drive it much, it goes to the drag strip and Car Shows mostly.

My question is your R going to be a daily driver or a car you drive once in awhile ? There are so many mods that you can do to your car but the first thing I would recommend no matter what is install a skid plate to protect your plastic oil pan from the road or debris: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...m-street-shield-skid-plate-kit/011768ecs01kt/?utm_source=golfmk7&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=chuck_10_16_2017

After that I would install a catch can as the new motors
with the direct fuel injection systems have increased the power levels, there is a drawback. With no fuel vapors to clean the intake valves, the oil particles that are drawn into the intake from the PCV system will deposit themselves onto the valves and intake ports. Over time this will result in an excessive carbon buildup, resulting in lost power and poor fuel economy and rough idle.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/ecs-tuning-baffled-oil-catch-can-system/016901ecs01-01kt/
?utm_source=golfmk7&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=chuck_10_16_2017

You will also need to install the cold weather bypass hose as you live in Chicago: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/ecs-cold-weather-bypass-hose/021834ecs0102kt/
?utm_source=golfmk7&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=chuck_10_16_2017

This hose allows the remaining ECS components to remain installed and requires no further maintenance as the PCV system is reverted back to "operating" like OEM without worry of freezing hoses.

Let me know if this helps

Chuck

vwauug

Ready to race!
Did a few more mods:

BMS clutch stop - awesome!
Clutch pedal spring removed - awesome!
8” MIB2 screen -awesome!

Getting the winters mounted next and findway mats are in route!

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
^^

Interesting that you have that Bluetooth symbol next to the battery symbol. I've seen pics of a few MIB2's that do this but most don't (mine included, s/w 255, MY 2016, doesn't either). Must be some subtle software difference.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
My 17 does, I’ll have to check the 16 out of curiosity.