GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Looked at my one log from track and did see a big dip in rail pressure for about a second and went back up. Afr went about .5 leaner during that time but wasn't too horrible and not sure where to look at injector info. This issue hasn't showed in 3rd or 4th gear only logs. I'm about E35-E40 now so might need to drop it back down to E30.

It wouldn't really show up during logging because the pump uses the fuel to cool itself. If the tank is running low/high ethanol content so it is running hard, it can overheat and fail to provide full pressure when running WOT for ~11-12 seconds.

Back down E content 10%, leave tank above 1/3rd.

No need to look at injectors as the AFR and fuel pressure will tell the same tale.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
It wouldn't really show up during logging because the pump uses the fuel to cool itself. If the tank is running low/high ethanol content so it is running hard, it can overheat and fail to provide full pressure when running WOT for ~11-12 seconds.

Back down E content 10%, leave tank above 1/3rd.

No need to look at injectors as the AFR and fuel pressure will tell the same tale.

That's the plan. Thanks.

5150 Racing

Ready to race!
It only does it in hot weather, I'm probably just going to check the gap on my spark plugs to see if they're good. I ran some 16s up front with federals and also had issues. It felt like I was down a good 50-60 whp
thats your issue
diff wheel ssizes = car thinks its spinnin = track control retard

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Wheel sizes don't matter, as long as the overall tire diameter is close to oem.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Wheel sizes don't matter, as long as the overall tire diameter is close to oem.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

He might have mismatched the tire sizes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montoya fan

Passed Driver's Ed
Ran it last night. Bogged some on the launch. Track was pretty sticky. Pretty pleased overall.
2016 mk7 golf r 6 speed manual
Continental dws06
19 inch neuspeed rse10 wheels
Apr stage one high torque
Afe drop in filter
Hs tuning clutch
Full weight
93 octane
495 ft da

Attachments

• 99AC6E90-2FDC-476A-9E4F-7DE5E786A413.jpeg
    99AC6E90-2FDC-476A-9E4F-7DE5E786A413.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 418

BoomGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI

17 sportwagen dsg
Da 2507
Is20 apr 93+ jb4
Apr dsg tune
All season tires
Full bolt on
no weight reduction

Last edited:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Car # 123
'17 GTI Sport
Uni S2 ECU/TCU
Uni IC
Rev 9 DP
2.5" Cutout
Autotech POS intake
CTS TIP

3300LBS
Stock all seasons @20psi
93 octane

First pass was heat soaked, I tried to leave HARD, wheelhopped, pedaled and went 12.92.

Second pass had some cool down, left easy and went 13.0 @ 112.

Really not happy launching the car on this garbage tire. I'm either stuck at 2.1 60's or im going to break something from the wheel hop.

When i ran the car with more weight and less power i was gaining 23mph on the back half, today i was only gaining 20mph thanks to running 20psi in the front tires. A better tire and more air and it would definitely go both quicker and faster...but you know what they say about excuses.

Last edited:

WadeRoberson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
NA
Car # 123
'17 GTI Sport
Uni S2 ECU/TCU
Uni IC
Rev 9 DP
2.5" Cutout
Autotech POS intake
CTS TIP

3300LBS
Stock all seasons @20psi
93 octane

First pass was heat soaked, I tried to leave HARD, wheelhopped, pedaled and went 12.92.

Really not happy launching the car on this garbage tire. I'm either stuck at 2.1 60's or im going to break something from the wheel hop.

Colder Day + Slicks and that time will look much better! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Car # 123
'17 GTI Sport
Uni S2 ECU/TCU
Uni IC
Rev 9 DP
2.5" Cutout
Autotech POS intake
CTS TIP

3300LBS
Stock all seasons @20psi
93 octane

When i ran the car with more weight and less power i was gaining 23mph on the back half, today i was only gaining 20mph thanks to running 20psi in the front tires. A better tire and more air and it would definitely go both quicker and faster...but you know what they say about excuses.

That is a wicked time. Cutout really does help!!!

Unfortunately what you saw is usually the way it goes. Expect to trap lower with slicks when you go that direction.

Big FYI, not great to run street tires at the track. Slicks save axles and mounts. The tranny is strong enough to take 1.7 60's no problem.

WadeRoberson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
NA
That is a wicked time. Cutout really does help!!!

Unfortunately what you saw is usually the way it goes. Expect to trap lower with slicks when you go that direction.

Big FYI, not great to run street tires at the track. Slicks save axles and mounts. The tranny is strong enough to take 1.7 60's no problem.
This ^

Our cars are too powerful to floor it from 0 on all seasons. The amount wheel hop seems extremely bad for mounts etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk