GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTI a few questions

Juggler

Hi everyone,

Just picked up my new MK7 and have a couple of questions if anyone can help?

Acceleration in 2nd gear (manual gearbox) seems "held back" if that's the right word? 3rd gear pulls like a train... Is it mapped to do this from new until you reach a certain mileage? It has 100 miles on the clock...

And the "auto rain sensing wipers" don't seem to come on when it's raining? I have turned them on in the menu...

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Juggler

Thanks for the reply. So it seems the acceleration in 2nd is reigned back, and I would need to mod the car to resolve? Ok.

The wipers, I did put the stalk on "intermittent", but they weren't really coming on when I thought they should based on the amount of water on the windscreen...

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the reply. So it seems the acceleration in 2nd is reigned back, and I would need to mod the car to resolve? Ok.

The wipers, I did put the stalk on "intermittent", but they weren't really coming on when I thought they should based on the amount of water on the windscreen...

On the stalk, theres a switch on the top w/rain drops that progress in size from small to big, did you try messing w/those?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I did. I assumed this varied the speed of the intermittent wipe?

First.... :D:D

and second... It varies the sensitivity of the auto wiper.;)