GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New front splitter and rear valance

ROBK75

Ready to race!
I originally had the Maxton splitter but took it off because I wasn't sure about the looks plus it was a nightmare going over speedbumps and parking on kerbs. Got this Kerscher one today and think it looks much better, plus it doesn't drop down as much as the Maxton so no problems over speedbumps yet.

I also colour coded the top edge of the Rieger diffuser I got last week as I didn't really like it all black, still not 100% sold on it but I think it looks better than before.

Oh and I got a Neuspeed short shift kit fitted at Awesome GTI, I'd definitely recommend that mod as it makes the gear change so much tighter and quicker.

I've swore that's me finished with modding the GTD now, we'll see how long that lasts :D

PS - I've got the Maxton splitter sitting in my garage if anyone is looking for one, although I wouldn't recommend it if your cars been lowered. Seems a shame to waste but if you don't want to spend £300 on a Kerscher one it's a cheap alternative.

Attachments

• WP_20160321_14_18_49_Pro Small.jpg
    WP_20160321_14_18_49_Pro Small.jpg
    676.6 KB · Views: 9,903
  • WP_20160321_14_18_31_Pro Small.jpg
    WP_20160321_14_18_31_Pro Small.jpg
    621.9 KB · Views: 3,906
  • WP_20160321_14_19_08_Pro Small.jpg
    WP_20160321_14_19_08_Pro Small.jpg
    634.3 KB · Views: 3,615
  • WP_20160315_11_45_42_Pro Small.jpg
    WP_20160315_11_45_42_Pro Small.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 3,562

PTok72

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks really good Rob.
Was thinking about adding the diffuser after seeing your last post but might have to look at the front end now too..
Can I ask where you got the Kersher splitter Rob and also whether both are gloss black or carbon finish?

Last edited:

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Looks really good Rob.
Was thinking about adding the diffuser after seeing your last post but might have to look at the front end now too..
Can I ask where you got the Kersher splitter Rob and also whether both are gloss black or carbon finish?

I got it direct from Kerscher in Germany, cost 299 Euros plus shipping which was 40, worked out about £260:

http://www.kerscher-tuning.de/styli...ruppe=Frontspoiler+/+Spoilerschwert&width=500

The splitter is carbon and looks really nice close up, I'll try and get a closer photo of it. The Rieger diffuser was carbon effect but nowhere nice as nice as the splitter and it was a sort of light grey carbon finish which didn't suit the car, so I had it painted gloss black but you can still see the weave which looks quite nice.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Looks great mate.

BTW, have you had your Negaros de-diamond cut ?

PTok72

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Rob, looks good...
I found another picture which shows a herringbone effect on the carbon weave.
Need to start saving the pennies.

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Looks great mate.

BTW, have you had your Negaros de-diamond cut ?

Yes they're painted in a metallic gunmetal colour, after the missus kerbed them a few times I had them refurbished in a sort of polished finish to try and keep them as close to original as possible (there aren't any places with proper diamond cutting facilities local) but they started developing milky patches in certain areas, so the guy said the best solution without spending £500 on a proper refurb and being without the car for a week was to simply paint them a different colour. So it was sort of by chance they turned out like this but I actually prefer them to the original finish now.

ROBK75

Ready to race!

I've been debating whether to get it for weeks now, after buying the Maxton one and then taking it off I was reluctant to spend more money on a splitter, but it's much nicer than I thought it would be. If you can afford it go for it!

ROBK75

Ready to race!

Some close up pictures of the splitter showing the weave:

Attachments

• WP_20160322_09_51_39_Pro Small.jpg
    WP_20160322_09_51_39_Pro Small.jpg
    663.5 KB · Views: 3,193
  • WP_20160322_09_51_52_Pro Small.jpg
    WP_20160322_09_51_52_Pro Small.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 3,145