Picked up this badboy with the 6speed manual:D. GTI remains the wife's daily

Attachments

• ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 311
  • ss2.jpeg
    ss2.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 304
I dunno man. I hope you got a really good freaking deal. You can get the Camaro with the same drive train for $10k less, and it's slightly lighter. For a 0-60 time in 4.6 seconds, and a 1/4 in 13.5 @ 110mph... you basically bought a gas guzzling version of your stage 2+ GTI. As long as you're happy though.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I dunno man. I hope you got a really good freaking deal. You can get the Camaro with the same drive train for $10k less, and it's slightly lighter. For a 0-60 time in 4.6 seconds, and a 1/4 in 13.5 @ 110mph... you basically bought a gas guzzling version of your stage 2+ GTI. As long as you're happy though.

I don't know if you meant it to be, but your statement sounds passive aggressive. More goes into a purchase than just what's the best bang for your buck in acceleration.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I don't know if you meant it to be, but your statement sounds passive aggressive. More goes into a purchase than just what's the best bang for your buck in acceleration.
yeah kinda came off sounding like a dick.

yeah kinda came off sounding like a dick.

I am a dick in general, but on justified principle. I'm trying to figure out the reason for heading this direction when there's better options. Best bang for your buck is everything unless you have money to literally piss away, but my argument stands because this is the consumer's general consensus on the SS model and also the reason why it's in it final year of production. You're welcome to research it like I did. However, OP posted about his ride, and I want to understand better why he made the purchase over competing cars of similar class, power, and features with his implied goal being a fun toy for himself.

SJC

Ready to race!
You don't have to justify your Kool purchase to me.
The ST was / is on my radar.

As far as alternatives go, there are always other machines.
A Camero is a Camero, two door, rear drive and not at all the sAme kind of car.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Awesome car Jinxster, congrats! :thumbsup:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I am a dick in general, but on justified principle. I'm trying to figure out the reason for heading this direction when there's better options. Best bang for your buck is everything unless you have money to literally piss away, but my argument stands because this is the consumer's general consensus on the SS model and also the reason why it's in it final year of production. You're welcome to research it like I did. However, OP posted about his ride, and I want to understand better why he made the purchase over competing cars of similar class, power, and features with his implied goal being a fun toy for himself.
He purchased it because he liked it?:sm3:
You dont like it? Thats cool. You would have bought something else, cool go do it.

He purchased it because he liked it?:sm3:
You dont like it? Thats cool. You would have bought something else, cool go do it.

It's an open forum, and these are my replies. Don't like 'em, don't read them. They aren't violating forum rules in anyway. Maybe my text doesn't come off as the most cordial, but I suppose my response would be "so fucking what?" Lol.

If the OP produces a valid argument, I would likely agree on it being a good purchase, but I'm just trying to better understand options and tastes of the people who currently own the same car I do. As it stands, this car isn't seen as anything "special" for the price tag it commands. It's like dropping $56k on Cadillac CTS... I'm pretty sure we're all in agreement that it would be a horrible decision. Not comparing apples to oranges, but that's my current thought process on the matter. Don't white knight me, bruh.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
It's an open forum, and these are my replies. Don't like 'em, don't read them. They aren't violating forum rules in anyway. Maybe my text doesn't come off as the most cordial, but I suppose my response would be "so fucking what?" Lol.

If the OP produces a valid argument, I would likely agree on it being a good purchase, but I'm just trying to better understand options and tastes of the people who currently own the same car I do. As it stands, this car isn't seen as anything "special" for the price tag it commands. It's like dropping $56k on Cadillac CTS... I'm pretty sure we're all in agreement that it would be a horrible decision. Not comparing apples to oranges, but that's my current thought process on the matter. Don't white knight me, bruh.

He didnt ask for opinions or asked to debate his purchase.. he simply

said look what i got and posted a picture