GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 2018 - build quality concerns and paranoia

SV100

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I wanted to post a follow up - the dealer adjusted the fender and door and it's better now, though maybe not 100%. Might have them look at it again when I take it in for the first oil change. Also had a detailer look at the paint and he was able to wipe off the spots with some polish and a microfiber towel.

KlipZ

Ready to race!
See about a loaner. But it is always a hot Jetta!

Bruh. I got a smokin' Passat for 3 days when i had to get some paint correction done (car came with chips).

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I had a Jetta one time.
Trying to get back on the interstate I thought I was going to be killed.
It would not go.
Acceleration was timed in minutes.

2Slow?

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
I had a Jetta one time.
Trying to get back on the interstate I thought I was going to be killed.
It would not go.
Acceleration was timed in minutes.
Same thing happened to me whan test driving a 1.0 litre Golf, the lack of power was proper scary defo a deal breaker, maybe due to it only covered 200ish miles. Sure hope so. And makes you realise why some so called idiots in small cars don't stop at junctions: it could be be due to it taking an age to generate any measurable speed once more. Don't excuse it tho'....

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Jeez guys, the poor dude's first post, with some legit questions, and you come back at him like drunken Civic owners. Let me try to be helpful...

1. That's probably Cosmoline. Nothing to be concerned about.

2. That fit does look slightly off. I'd take it back to the dealer and see if they can adjust it for you. Sounds like it's just a slight alignment issue, since there's no sign of repair/paint work.

3. I suspect you are correct and those spots are probably just moisture that will go away fairly quickly. Nonetheless I'd document them and make the dealer aware of them now, in case they don't. If you want a month or two to bring it up, it might be a tough sell convincing them that they were there at delivery.

It's not a lemon law candidate, relax.

This 100%