GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed P-Flo Intake, am I missing a washer?

derekjl

Ready to race!
I just wanted to make sure that I was NOT missing a part. There is a bolt that fits on the side of the engine along with the rubber bumper to secure the metal intake piping, etc. The pictures within the instructions show the bolt WITH a metal washer. However, I do not recall there being a washer in the plastic bag. My main concern is that it did not go into the engine bay or turbo area. Can someone who has this intake let me know if there is in fact supposed to be a washer in the contents? I would really appreciate it. I have seen some of these for sale on forum classifieds and some pictures have a washer, others do not. I know it isn't a big deal, but just wanted to make sure I didn't drop it into the abyss.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
The injen intake came with a washer for that spot. But I dropped it and lost sight of it

it’s been holding fine for about 2-3k miles. I check it every blue moon and it never loosens up. Knock on wood

derekjl

Ready to race!
Thanks for the response. Here are two classified ads for the intake, both of which do not picture a washer. Notice on the red pipe the bolt is installed, no washer. So, I'm kind of puzzled.

Attachments

• zr65Gfol.jpg
    zr65Gfol.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 93c55f1407ac8ea42dbd99ca7448cef2.jpg
    93c55f1407ac8ea42dbd99ca7448cef2.jpg
    612.8 KB · Views: 43

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I bought a used P Flo recently and it didn’t come with a washer. I thought the previous owner lost it so I ended buying one at Home Depot. The washer I bought is kind of thin but it was all I could find.