GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed Hi-flo turbo discharge conversion

Slick99

Ready to race!

drrck

Go Kart Champion
You'll probably get some more noise under boost if that's what you're after. The OEM plastic type pipes are pretty good at noise reduction and avoiding heatsoak.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Disagree with Universal. There have been some dyno's on youtube showing slight gains on stage 2 R's. You figure somewhere around a 15-20 hp gain (after going stage 2, on a IS38), if you replace the intake, the inlet pipe, delete the turbo muffler, and do the discharge pipe.

Of course at that point you've spent nearly a thousand dollars for that 15 hp. So not really rice...just really really expensive for minor gains.

Slick99

Ready to race!
All rice. None of those mods will add any HP (other than the flash.)

have u seen the diameter size difference, oem plastic pipe is quite narrow and with the help of turbo muffler delete i think the tuned Gti or R would gain some power on low rpm

Slick99

Ready to race!
You'll probably get some more noise under boost if that's what you're after. The OEM plastic type pipes are pretty good at noise reduction and avoiding heatsoak.

noise is mostly from turbo muffler delete, but with bigger diameter pipe power should gain from low rpm and silicone hose are pretty gud for not getting heatsoak

drrck

Go Kart Champion
I'm not talking about turbo noise, I'm talking about the sound you get when you open a valve on a compressed air tank, that's the noise you'll get with alloy piping vs plastic.

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
plus rice would be making it outta pvc pipes and fittings then painting it in neon marking paint

B95zP

Ready to race!
I dynoed 226/250 with an AFe drop in, and the this item.

However as I have shared before the fitment on mine is poor, and rubs against the stock airbox. The top bracket does not sit flush to the mounting point which I think is the root cause. As expected Neuspeed support was non-existent.

If I could do it again I would CTS.

Slick99

Ready to race!
I have mine and it functions/fits perfectly. If I were to run my stock air box it would rub slightly but the stock air box is a terrible design. Any aftermarket will clear it.

Mine has a very noticeable power curve difference in areas where I didn't have throttle response at full throttle I do now. It's a bitch to install but it's worth the reward.

did u notice power with stock airbox?

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Just did it over last weekend, the lower portion of the pipe is short and barely fits onto my FMIC silicone.

I got it to fit, but the clamping is less than stellar, I bought a few T-bolt clamps to get more grip on it.

This system does sound absolutely ridiculous but I haven not been able to drive it enough due yet to determine if I'm going to keep it on or not.

B95zP

Ready to race!
Think I may have found the reason mine rubs....dat lovely bracket fitment. Now to see if Neuspeed will fix the issue. :(

Mk7VW

Banned
Think I may have found the reason mine rubs....dat lovely bracket fitment. Now to see if Neuspeed will fix the issue. :(

They probably designed it based off their p-flo intake fitment and clearance..

Slick99

Ready to race!
i think the fitment work with aftermarket intake as oem air box doesnt give clearance for this discharge pipe