GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help with Stoptech brakes

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Resealing my ST40’s after a piston started leaking. How in the world does one press the dust boots in? I’ve tried everything I can think of.

Attachments

• 48F7CD1F-E7E8-4908-A59B-C94E33A81338.jpeg
    48F7CD1F-E7E8-4908-A59B-C94E33A81338.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 78

PatMc

Car(s)
Depends on the day
They should press in by hand...

If you bead blasted and powdercoated the calipers, make sure you don't have any rogue powdercoat in the boot bores.

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

PatMc

Car(s)
Depends on the day
Resealing my ST40’s after a piston started leaking. How in the world does one press the dust boots in? I’ve tried everything I can think of.
See if you can measure the ID of the pistons....I can determine the piston OD from that and confirm you have the correct parts. Looks like you've got the wrong sizes, they should go in relatively easily. Its not too hard to squeeze one size larger seal into the seal groove and get the pistons in...so I suspect this is what happened.

We are running REAL low on the 34mm silicone boots (I think we have one or 2 sets left) but have plenty of the other sizes and plenty of OE type black rubber boots for 34mm, which are fine if the car doesn't see track duty.

www.autobrakesolutions.com

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Looks like everything is out of stock on the site you mentioned.
And these dudes have closed their shop down as far as I know. They started as 4 guys who liked racing their cars and decided to spin up the business to help keep the cost of brake repair parts low for themselves and other racers. As will happen, life changed and some of the guys went in different directions, etc. Not sure why the site is still up. It's too bad because they were inexpensive and shipped very fast and took care of you if something was wrong.

OhioPerformance

Car(s)
F80 M3; E46 M3; 911
And these dudes have closed their shop down as far as I know. They started as 4 guys who liked racing their cars and decided to spin up the business to help keep the cost of brake repair parts low for themselves and other racers. As will happen, life changed and some of the guys went in different directions, etc. Not sure why the site is still up. It's too bad because they were inexpensive and shipped very fast and took care of you if something was wrong.
We are back! :)