GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help with mk7.5 GTD rear lights wiring pin-out

Eloclegin

Hi,
I am upgrading from mk 7 GTD to a late 2018 mk7.5 GTD in the UK. Currently transferring a detachable towbar to the mk7.5 GTD and I am stuck on deriving the various 12v lighting sources (brakes, tail, reversing etc) from the cabling loom that runs to the rear lights clusters. I already have a high impedance adaptor/relay kit that came with the towbar so as not to place a significant current load on the existing wires. I want to be able to splice off the brakes, tail signals etc from the wiring loom just at the point where wiring connects onto the rear light clusters. I did this easily and successfully on my mk7. My mk7 rear light clusters had just 4 pin plugs, whereas the mk7.5 outer cluster has a much larger plug with 8 pins. One row of 6 plus one row of 2, on the plug for outer cluster. Surprisingly I have been unable to get any pinout detail for this cluster via Google searches. Anyone out there have any details that you could post. (Yes, I could try to buzz it out but I am working alone and so not easy to press the brake pedal whilst holding a dc multimeter onto the different pins to figure out which pin is brakes etc etc).
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help
N

PS. Is it me or does the mk7.5 have far less soundproofing compared to mk7. Both have 18” wheels and same Good Year tyres but the 7.5 seems to have far more road and tyre noise as if they put in fewer sound damping pads onto the door panels/skins etc. Just my first impression.

Attachments

• IMG_3822.jpeg
    IMG_3822.jpeg
    715 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3823.jpeg
    IMG_3823.jpeg
    447.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3821-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_3821-compressed.jpeg
    620 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3820-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_3820-compressed.jpeg