GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help isolating vibration - possible BFI mounts related

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
So my being an impatient dumbass did I installed a few mods over the period of two weeks. Now I got a noticeable vibration and I'm not sure what is causing it.

2019 Golf R DSG. Downpipe went in first. Then used BFI engine and transmission mounts a week later. 6 days later stage 2 ECU and TCU tunes.

I noticed it first driving after I flashed the ECU and TCU tunes. I am wondering if I messed up the sequence of torquing the fasteners down on the BFI engine and transmission mounts or if something isn't aligned correctly.

Got a vibration that occurs between 1800-2200 rpm but RPM depends on gear. Under light acceleration (20% or less throttle) if I lift off throttle just after an upshift as the car decelerates there is a noticeable vibration. If I lightly tap the throttle while vibrating it will stop.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
So my being an impatient dumbass did I installed a few mods over the period of two weeks. Now I got a noticeable vibration and I'm not sure what is causing it.

2019 Golf R DSG. Downpipe went in first. Then used BFI engine and transmission mounts a week later. 6 days later stage 2 ECU and TCU tunes.

I noticed it first driving after I flashed the ECU and TCU tunes. I am wondering if I messed up the sequence of torquing the fasteners down on the BFI engine and transmission mounts or if something isn't aligned correctly.

Got a vibration that occurs between 1800-2200 rpm but RPM depends on gear. Under light acceleration (20% or less throttle) if I lift off throttle just after an upshift as the car decelerates there is a noticeable vibration. If I lightly tap the throttle while vibrating it will stop.
Dogbone insert?

It’s the Cobb DP, right? I noticed some vibration in that same range on mine in 2/3 gear - it rattles everything in my center console.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Dogbone insert?

It’s the Cobb DP, right? I noticed some vibration in that same range on mine in 2/3 gear - it rattles everything in my center console.
Yes, Cobb. BFI stage 1 insert. Has been on car for about 2.5 years. I notice it in 3rd hrough 7th.

I didn't notice it when the DP was first installed but I was also on a different ECU/TCU TUNE. From what I remember the tunes rarely let the rpm sit around 1800-2200 as it would up shift into the next gear. The current tunes will not shift up shift until around 2400-2500 rpm under light throttle.