GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My R was crashed

G7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Picked mine up earlier this week, and had to return it as the dealer in South Africa crashed it just before delivery without telling me. So now I need to wait 6-24 months for another one as they refuse to give me another car, and Volkswagen SA say I must get on the bottom of the waiting list again.

Over here the dealers can only order 1-2 cars a month, and as they have around 20 people on the waiting already per dealer you only have a chance if a lot of people cannot get finance.

These are pics as I returned it. Car was fine when I picked it up, after driving it for 8 hours one rear parking sensor fell in as the bumper was pulling skew (you can see the hole in the one pic on the rear)

Croc-Dundee

Passed Driver's Ed
Picked mine up earlier this week, and had to return it as the dealer in South Africa crashed it just before delivery without telling me. So now I need to wait 6-24 months for another one as they refuse to give me another car, and Volkswagen SA say I must get on the bottom of the waiting list again.

This seems tragic and unacceptable from the dealer if they crashed it and didn't tell you also. Case for suing & compensation I would have thought if they can't sort it out? Seems like a very unfair outcome if it wasn't your fault in the first place.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Sorry for the bad luck.

It looks like a minor scratch – why return the whole car? It’s just to repair it….

Remove bumper, replace what’s need to be replaced, perhaps some minor paint work on the bumper, and then assembly the parts. No big deal I suppose.

/Peter

PS. If they repair it perhaps you will have the car back in a couple of days. You will be able to keep on enjoying your beautiful car. In two months you have forgotten the whole thing :).

Last edited:

Wolksvagen

Banned
Man...that sucks, I'd of trashed the bejesus out of it before returning it....very dishonest of the dealership and followed up by no priority in sorting it out.

I'd be tempted to take this further due to the shady behaviour of the dealership (prang car and not tell you) and contact VW head office in SA and Germany, I wouldn't accept that outcome of waiting again.

Imagine if the damage were more serious and potentially dangerous to yourself and other road users, seriously poor of a dealer.....I'd even threaten to contact the local press.

VERY POOR SHOW.

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Very common for accidents to happen while on lot or even prior to the dealer receiving them.. Damages occur in transit all the time, in port, on trucks, in yards etc.. If damages happen prior to dealer receiving car the dealer will also be unaware unless discovered on its own.

There are repair and body shops on site for many manufacturers to rectify such damage prior to dealer receiving and these damages will never show on car history

G7R

Passed Driver's Ed
In South Africa we have a Consumer Protection Act, by law they are supposed to declare to you any work that has been done on the car which they didn't, so this was a fraudulent deal hence the return.

The dealer tried to palm it off as a scratch as well, but they had to replace the bumper and the tail light after crashing the car going for wheel alignment. The keyword here is replace, since they actually just sprayed it (clear coat was peeling off the one corner).

Agreed if they used new parts and actually fitted it correctly it would have been acceptable, but they messed up.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
In South Africa we have a Consumer Protection Act, by law they are supposed to declare to you any work that has been done on the car which they didn't, so this was a fraudulent deal hence the return.

The dealer tried to palm it off as a scratch as well, but they had to replace the bumper and the tail light after crashing the car going for wheel alignment. The keyword here is replace, since they actually just sprayed it (clear coat was peeling off the one corner).

Agreed if they used new parts and actually fitted it correctly it would have been acceptable, but they messed up.

Okay, in other words we can’t see damages on the picture since they have adjusted / replaced the visible parts. Since they also needed to adjust wheel alignment it seems to be a deeper damage. I agree with you, not acceptable!

I hope you can sort it out in some way.

/Peter

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
They messed up big time. I hope you get sorted as soon as possible :)

P.s those tail lights are gorgeous

Gignomeus

Ready to race!
Crashing your new car before you even receive it is not great, but ok, think I could live with that; but doing a completely shoddy job covering it up with the express intent of not telling you... I'd be PISSED!!! :mad:

AND THEN they are being total gits about you finding them out!?! WTF! :mad:

Do'um, if it is a breach of consumer law, do them for it.

As Rambo would say, give them a war they wouldn't believe!

DrGonzo1

If it was me I would be too pissed off to even talk to the sleazebag dealership without it escalating. I would be going up the chain of command and if I didn't get satisfaction I think I would have to let a lawyer do my talking for me. It might cost me some money but would let them know how serious I am.

Many years ago I used to own a Ford Ranger (I know, I know). At one time it was in for minor work and day after day they kept telling me it wasn't ready. Turns out they smashed the topper into a door somehow while lifting it and were waiting until they were done "repairing" it at their body shop without telling me. I told them in no uncertain terms that I would pick the shop and they could pick up the bill. The service manager tried to make it sound like I was being unreasonable. They had no intention of me ever finding out, that is clear.

enkil

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear. They should give priority for your new delivery. Fix n sell off the damaged car at a bargain.

Hope it gets sorted out.