GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Fathers New Twin Turbo VW!

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
I came to visit some family and had a chance to check out my father in-laws newer Ammarock. It has the twin charged TDI and runs great. The size and pricing is similar to my Nissan Frontier. If VW offered the ammarock in the states I assume it would do well with its only competition being the Tacoma and Frontier.

:w00t:

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Cool car Man!! it sucks VW has no plans yet to bring it here to the States yet.just Central & South America.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
I would buy one. I'll never understand why VW limits it's market share so much by not importing this or building a new van that's not a rebadged crappy Chrysler.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
I would buy one. I'll never understand why VW limits it's market share so much by not importing this or building a new van that's not a rebadged crappy Chrysler.

By a rebadged and crappy Chrysler you mean the top selling van by a mile from the auto maker that invented the entire segment right?

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
By a rebadged and crappy Chrysler you mean the top selling van by a mile from the auto maker that invented the entire segment right?

Lol...that's why VW sold 209 of them last month....yeah, not a typo...209 sold...those things are flying off the lots...once you take 10% off the sticker, and pray for a sucker.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Well, the Routan is no bueno just because people who buy VW's aren't looking for a minivan and people who buy minivans aren't looking at a VW.

Even Routanboom.org and Brooke Shields cannot overcome brand image (meaning VW does not make minivans in public's eye) and the best minivans come from Honda, Toyota and Chrysler. People wold rather just buy the Dodge/Chrysler and save the money over the VW version.

That truck is pretty sweet. It looks like a Frontier though. Is there a partnership for this? What is it based on?

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
For a long time the Jetta was the #1 seller an the Routan was #2.

They may have only sold 209 but last month but the availability is extremely limited. Supposedly 2014 models will almost exclusively be available as fleet vehicles.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
That truck is pretty sweet. It looks like a Frontier though. Is there a partnership for this? What is it based on?

I'm pretty sure they have no relation.. I own a Frontier and noticed nothing appears to be similar besides the size and style.

The engine is a two liter diesel with sequential turbos and Manual six speed transmission.

:thumbsup:

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
For a long time the Jetta was the #1 seller an the Routan was #2.

They may have only sold 209 but last month but the availability is extremely limited. Supposedly 2014 models will almost exclusively be available as fleet vehicles.

Maybe they tell you guys different than reality. Looking at the published sales figures it's highest selling year was less than 16k in a whole year...that's a sales flop of epic proportions.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Lol...that's why VW sold 209 of them last month....yeah, not a typo...209 sold...those things are flying off the lots...once you take 10% off the sticker, and pray for a sucker.

Sorry I worded that poorly. I meant the Chrysler T&C and the Dodge Caravan are the top selling vans.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Sorry I worded that poorly. I meant the Chrysler T&C and the Dodge Caravan are the top selling vans.

I should also clarify, every few years VW shows a wicked van concept (old school vw style) it gets rave reviews, people say build it...and instead they rebadge a Chrysler...WTF. A modern VW bus would sell like crazy.