GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mud Flaps & Rust Warranty

Custom441

Car(s)
2015 GTI Autobahn
I live in Eastern Ontario, Canada and have to contend with the odd gravel road and mostly salt in the winter so I'm considering getting a pair of OEM mudflaps (I don't mind the look either). Both my brother-in-law and a good friend said that sometimes the VW rust warranty won't cover rust on the fender/rocker panels if you didn't opt in for mud flaps. Is there any truth to this? Also, would they have to be OEM mud flaps, or would the similar looking, and much cheaper, Amazon knockoffs suffice?

SRoads

Ready to race!
rock blokz and rally armor make flaps that don't wrap around the front fender and rear bumper like oem ones do...plus you could remove them a couple times a year and clean behind them. Properly washing you're car and not using harsh acid based wheel cleaners is your best bet for staving off corrosion.

Also, using a non acid wheel cleaner... like P&S brake buster when you wash you're car will reduce the changes of rust. Brake Buster also has corrosion inhibitors in the cleaner that helps protect brakes, suspension components, wheels, and wheel wells.

As for the VW rust warranty...R.T.F.M or call VW Canada and ask....